how do u tell a mexican stripe knee and a mexican redknee apart??

somberloathing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
how do u tell a mexican stripe knee and a mexican red knee apart other then the price????

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
what's a mexican stripe knee?

Scientific names make it MUCH easier for us to tell what species you are talking about.

Mori

Fierce Deity

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Brachypelma annitha? B. auratum? B. boehmei? B. emilia?
which one of these do you refer to as "stripe knee"?
I am assuming that that you meant B. smithi by "mexican red knee".
Look them up and tell us, then we can give you help.

somberloathing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yea i just found a b. smthi:{redknee} at a pet store for around 200$ and then i found at the same store a mexican stripe knee they look almost the same but alot different in price
ddsds

it;s either Brachypelma annitha? B. auratum?{stripe knee}
this is a pic of the stripe knee
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1103/8e5edd887390b89f1c635f9b8e8428.png

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/112/c2d986f3524f5c7434fce236a54f58.jpg
this is the REDKNEE

i took these pics off the stores website and they look to be the exact same but in different light???

Last edited by a moderator:

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey Somberloathing... nice avatar. You can join Frylock and (what used to be the Lament Configuration guy) Jbrd. Hellraisers!

By the way, if you are looking at pet stores, it probably is the same species (because they have no idea what they are talking about) and the pricing is just a guess.

T.S.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
upon looking at ur pic of the stripeknee, that looks a lot like a smithi.

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Snipes said:
I agree, they probably have no idea what they are talking about. Here is a site with pics from E-Spiderworld, a great online place to buy inverts. If you are going to get one of those tarantulas, i would suggest buying from a place like it rather than from a petstore.
B. auratum: http://www.e-spiderworld.com/gallery/pages/Brachypelma auratum.htm
B. smithi: http://www.e-spiderworld.com/gallery/pages/Brachypelma smithiF.htm
There are also very good dealers like Chuck from Botarby8s.com, Kelly Swift from swiftinverts.com, and Todd Gearheart from tarantulaspiders.com.

There also Southern Spiderworks, Northwest Inverts, and a bunch more.

The Sickness

MissssSnape

Arachnopeon
Those pics are exatly the same look at the shadow and the bigger stones... It's all in the same place. How many times have you gotten two T's stand in exatly the same spot with the same lighting without the sand being changed...

I think they only changed the brightness of the Pic

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
those look 2 be both a red knne (B.Smihti). i think he difference between a red knee and a flame knee is where the red knee has orange bands around the legs a flame knee has flames (who would of thought that) lol. nopt sure tho

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
same pics.

look at the white large sand at the bottom left, youve got the same pic w/ different lighting, just say that the store is cheating... they are lazy in taking down pics so they just change the brightness.

somberloathing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
kahoy said:
same pics.

look at the white large sand at the bottom left, youve got the same pic w/ different lighting, just say that the store is cheating... they are lazy in taking down pics so they just change the brightness.

thanks alot everybody
and yea i agree with u that the store is using the same pics,both spiders r the exact same
i;ll just have to check for myself
thanks alot

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
somberloathing said:
yea i just found a b. smthi:{redknee} at a pet store for around 200$ and then i found at the same store a mexican stripe knee they look almost the same but alot different in price
ddsds

it;s either Brachypelma annitha? B. auratum?{stripe knee}
this is a pic of the stripe knee
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1103/8e5edd887390b89f1c635f9b8e8428.png

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/112/c2d986f3524f5c7434fce236a54f58.jpg
this is the REDKNEE

i took these pics off the stores website and they look to be the exact same but in different light???
Wow absolutely amazing someone would be so lazy lol. I mean come on the exact same picture?

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I would doubt they even took the picture to begin with.

Gwegowee

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol yeah... its actually the same picture, and they did a very bad job in the digital editing. they removed green from the color palet. lol... I would have at least tried to be more deceiving lol.

did you ever get one of them?

somberloathing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gwegowee said:
lol yeah... its actually the same picture, and they did a very bad job in the digital editing. they removed green from the color palet. lol... I would have at least tried to be more deceiving lol.

did you ever get one of them?
no i didn;t not yet funny storie tho lol. i ended up traveling to port credit {2 hours away from my local pet shop} and stop in at the local pet center and pick up a nhandu chromtus " avic .??{unknown}. they had a large section of inverts and i was with my friends that r in the hobby so we couldn;t resist. we ended up getting
a red trap door
a few different avic sp. sweet deal thay let me pick through about 20 different Avic sp.best part that they we all just labled pink toes and were all the same price
i pick ed the ones that i thought need my help there rumps we very small and shriveled . really needed some help so hope all goes well
but i just need to reload and i;ll be getting that smithi soon hopfuly this week