Gravid Heterometrus spinifer?

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a female Heterometrus spinifer which I am not sure if she is gravid or fat.I have had her for about a month and a half but in the last week or so I've noticed her going from healthy and slim to pleasently plump. She hasn't eaten a lot lately, well not that I know of . I was looking through pictutures of gravid scorpions and looks like her.Is it posible for her to of been pregnant a month and half ago when I bought her and took this long to show it? She was the only scorpion that was ever in the cage at the pet store. I'll post a pic later of her.

franco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
how big is she? if she's not mature, it could be a molt

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
she is about 3", not including the tail, I was thinking she probably just fat too, since crickets probably crawl on to her side of the divided cage and eats them when I am not looking. That would be cool if it is a premolt as i have never seen a scorpion molt.

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
could deffinately be preparing for a molt. crank the temp and the humidity up for a week or two, if it is preparing to molt this will help the scorp with the process. also try not feeding the scorp for a couple weeks, if it stays the same size then youll know.

emmille

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just want to ask

how long would that couple of weeks be? 2 weeks? 3 weeks? 4? :? :? :?