Ornithoctonus Andersoni

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hiya

sorry for this being the second of my 'your views on this species" kind of thread...

but, i had a H.Minax ordered from a guy, and he has had it reserved for a couple of weeks for me, due to his stock running out. However, today his stock arrived messed up, and instead of the Minax hes had some of the Ornithoctonus andersoni delivered. He says they are rarer than minax, and very similar, so i was hoping for any input from you guys, as ive never seen or heard about this species before.

but seeing as in the last few days ive spent both time and money on preparing the home for it, im thinking i may aswell buy it.. the Minax was £9 for a juvenile at 2", and he says the Ornithoctonus andersoni he'll sell to me for the same price, at the same size seeing as i had one reserved

cheers people

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
O. andersoni is a fair bit different than minax. He might be thinking of H. aureopilosum, which does get often mistaken for minax. Here's a pic of one of our O. andersoni (aka Asian Mahogany):

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
And here's an H. minax (these usually sell out pretty quickly):

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ohh no, its definately the O.andersoni, he gave the common name aswell, and he got it identified. Sorry, when i said they were similar i must of misinterpreted what he said...

cheers anyway!

i guess ill hang in for another minax.. :>

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Nothing wrong with O. andersoni, and your dealer was right - they're not too commonly available.

bill