Good Terrastrial/Non burrower

pimpin_posey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What are sum good big Terrastrial T's that are very active and not burrowers. i want a T i can see alot next time i get one. I was goin to get a nice King Baboon. i know there will be many objections but eah it happens.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The King Baboon is a burrower and you may never see it once it establishes a burrow(unless it burrows by the edge of the enclosure so you can see it in its burrow). It is worth the investment though.

My pick on a good terrestral that stays out in the open alot is: A. geniculata or L. parahybana they both are great feeders and stay out in the open more often than others IME.

solaceofwinter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i second the geniculta or parahybana, however the para is a pet hole in the sling stages. i havent seen mine forever now but its only 1/2" maybe. its normal till they get bigger i guess.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
P. cancerides, defensive, aggressive feeders, and stay pretty much out in the open.

The Pamphobeteus are also good, once they've grown up a bit. Young ones burrow, but the sub-adults seem content to move in and out of their flowerpot hides and seem to lose the inclination to burrow, which makes them more interesting to watch. Also, good feeders.

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Get whatever you want.............

your going to anyway.

You have chosen to ignore peoples advice with your first "T". So why ask for advice on the second "T".

By the way A. Geniculata would be a really good choice to ignore.

i-zombie

Arachnopeon
Varden said:
P. cancerides, defensive, aggressive feeders, and stay pretty much out in the open.
I second that. They're one of the most underrated Ts out there. A. geniculata would be a good choice as well. Both of these two make excellent display Ts. They're almost always out in the open, and will eat anything you throw at them...FAST!

If you want a display T, definitely stay away from king baboons. You'll never see it.

pimpin_posey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
actually ima start listening for once.{D im currently trying to hunt down a L. Para or a. gen sumtin lol. thnk you for everyones advice

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i heard GBB is seen a good bit but I dont own one, the one I see the most that I own is my Blondi, and i see my smithi pretty often too.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would look at pretty much any tarantula from the following genera: Brachypelma, Grammostola, Nhandu (though they can be a bit more aggressive) or a C. cyaneopubescens. A L. parahybana or a A. geniculata would also be a good choices.

Last edited:

secular

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i recently got an a. genic about 3". i'm hoping it will stay out more as it matures, right now it tends to spend of it's free time working on a burrow it has going. the rest of the time it's hanging around in said burrow.

it really is a great looking T so it will be nice if it gets a bit more 'social' once larger. :D

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
You could get the the king baboon staying the the pet hole theme you started with the H.lividum. ;P

Go with the A.genic (once they are a few inches in size they will be out in the open all the time). Mine is at about 5.5 and refuses her to use her hide. Doesn't leave behind any trace of her meals (no boli to clean). GBBs are beautiful web alot, though and periodically go into hiding premolt. or anything from genera that Windchaser mentioned are good.

angelarachnid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I cannot think of any Terrestrials who do not live in a hole of some sorts Holes under stones and logs, just "holes", specifically made burrows,

not looking for an argument but i honestly cannot think of any just now

Ray