THe infamous, Australian Funnel webs and Brazilian wandering spider owners....exist?

Since I was 5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Does any one on this board own/know were to obtain (i never would, i want to see it for sale jsut for the hell of it) either of these spiders? I know someone took pictures of them in australia but does any one even know were to buy one? Anytime this question is brought up, its shyed away from/act like it doesnt exsist in other spider forums. why so taboo?

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh people do keep Phoneutria sp. on the boards. Not only that, but there are a few hobbiests who are quite informative in this area

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I know one of the other boards(I can't remember which one)has a picture of someone holding a Brazilian wandering spider. Not a trick for the faint of heart, I imagine.

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Worked with a sydney funnelweb for a while. It died recently and it's in alchohol around here somewhere.

Since I was 5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow, thats quite a thread on the Wandering spider, any possbilities of an Atrax owner at all? THOSE are forever my fav spiders next to the P.Metallica

dangerprone69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I seem to remember a thread about Atrax some time ago. Have you tried searching?

If I remember straight the person who started it was asking about buying one, with the responses ranging from "what are you nuts" to "basically impossible".

Since I was 5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
dangerprone69 said:
I seem to remember a thread about Atrax some time ago. Have you tried searching?

If I remember straight the person who started it was asking about buying one, with the responses ranging from "what are you nuts" to "basically impossible".
Why is it so impossible? a king cobra could be had and its FAR more deadly then any all black spider.

MrWhite

Arachnopeon
It's next to impossible because export of that species from Australia is illegal.
I very much doubt anyone owning one would post on a forum shouting it out :p

[Edit] Does anyone in the UK actually own a DWA listed spider? If so how much was the DWA licence and what did it entail?