P.Regalis advice

necroscope

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi.I've had my Pokie since november.It hides constantly and seems to moult every 4 weeks.From this I think it is probably male.
I hadn't seen it for about 6 weeks so today i decided to dig it out of it's web.I've done this and cleaned the tank and found 2 moults in it's hidey.
It's now about 6"-7" from front leg to back legs.the only problem is that its seems very slow and lathargic all the humidity and temp are fine.It's just listless and even when moved with a pokie stick it doesn't react the way it used to,which was run faster than i could see.:confused:
Also it's abdomen is tiny but crickets have been dissapearing so i assume it's eating.
I would appreciate any advice as i'm very worried.
Cheers Mike.:?

angelarachnid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi Mike,

The comments in your post are confusing me. Where did you get it from and when?

>>Hi.I've had my Pokie since november.It hides constantly and seems to >>moult every 4 weeks.

moulting every 4 weeks sounds like a juvenile

>>I hadn't seen it for about 6 weeks so today i decided to dig it out of it's >>web.I've done this and cleaned the tank and found 2 moults in it's hidey.
>>It's now about 6"-7" from front leg to back legs.the only problem is that its >>seems very slow and lathargic all the humidity and temp are fine.It's just >>listless and even when moved with a pokie stick it doesn't react the way it >.used to,which was run faster than i could see.

Sounds like it is either a bit dehydrated OR you have found it freshley after a moult what colour was its fangs when you noticed this?

white or slightly red then freshley moulted

black give it a drink

>>Also it's abdomen is tiny

also a sign of Deydration or moulting

Ray

necroscope

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Ray,I bought it from the a pet shop in sandhurst last November.It was 1.5 inches then.It has moulted frequently(every 4 weeks or so).
When i say dug out of his web that is because it was totally encased for weeks.It's web is it's self made hidey.
It's fangs are black so I will give it a drink.
I'm sorry for confusing you I've been working long hours and I'm a bit shattered(can't think straight:eek: )
thanks for the advice Ray.
Cheers Mike.

angelarachnid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi Mike

>>Hi Ray,I bought it from the a pet shop in sandhurst last November.It was
>>1.5 inches then.It has moulted frequently(every 4 weeks or so).

Ok i dont think it is fully mature but could be You bought it in Sandhurst and you live in Aldershot, am i right in saying they are both in Kent?

If so do a google for Invicta Arachnid Group someone there who is more close at hand might be able to advise you by seeing the spider.

>>When i say dug out of his web that is because it was totally encased for >>weeks.It's web is it's self made hidey.
>>It's fangs are black so I will give it a drink.

OK good idea

>>I'm sorry for confusing you

(before ANYONE else says it) no problem thats not hard {D {D

>>I've been working long hours and I'm a bit shattered(can't think straight )

I dont work and i dont think straight most of the time

>>thanks for the advice Ray.

No Probs
Cheers Ray

pokiecollector

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It should be fine if it's made it that far in the same atmosphere, that's just the way some pokies are.

necroscope

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well I'm glad to say it's eating.i think it drank some moisture from the glass as well.:)
I'm not a hundred percent sure on that but it looked like it.:?
Thanks for help guys.
Cheers Ray.{D