P regalis

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Any suggestions on what i should do before mating my P regalis? I dont want my female to eat the male again like last time. I want this time to be successful!

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The only thing I can think of is give her a big meal a day before you introduce the male....good luck !!

Regards, Mike :clap:

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not hungry ?? if she is gonna molt ( only a possibility ) you may want to wait till she molts , then starts eating then introduce the male..

Regards, Mike

LukeC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Have you tried a different prey type? sometimes when my Ts stop eating, I try a new prey type, and they start eating again. I've no idea why, maybe they get bored or something.

Becca

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I imagine if she ate the male before mating last time then she probably wasn't interested in producing young in the first place! (assuming she chomped him before mating obviously)
If she's stopped eating and hasn't moulted for a while I would personally wait until she moults again. You don't want to mate her and then end up with her moulting out before she has chance to produce an eggsac.
Ray Gabriel is probably a good person to ask with regards to Poecilotheria breeding. There is a post regarding breeding Poecilotheria on the bords at the moment actually, which may help you a little. This post is very interesting and definately worth a read...
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=63299
The other thing you could do is place the male in a small tub within the females enclosure to see if she taps to him. regalis have often been kept together/living together when pairing up with no male chomping whatsoever, so I'll take a wild guess and assume she wasn't ready to mate the first time round.

angelarachnid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cheers for the recomendation Becca (how many regalis slings do you want? {D )

For mating:

I use an old glass doored wall mounted kitchen cupboard. the only reason it has glass doors is that it came with glass doors when we ripped the old kitchen out. It does not have to be a kitchen cupboard any large container at leat twice the volume of the females container will suffice, and this also goes for all arboreals,

I place the females container in the cupboard and throw a handfull of crickets in the container.

Depending on the time (depending on how lazy i feel) i either place the male or the males container (no lids on either container) into the cupboard and close the door.

What i find most of the time is that the next morning 80% of the time the male is making a sperm web, i leave the male and female depending on how many females i need to get mated (see also lazy) from 3 -10 days.

one of my mettalica females has been with the male for ????4?????days i cannot be bothered to go and check my breeding sheet = lazy.

I have also found that if the female is a male muncher no matter how much you feed her she will kill the male.

Ray

angelarachnid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
!!!(3slings for me plz Ray)

Yea no probs i got enough of them ( have i Sarah?)

Ray

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol cheers!!!actually i didnt know u had any otherwise i woulda got a few from u,instead i got 1 for £8.99:mad: