New Corn Snake

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My last corn would just not eat and died about a month ago, and i decided to replace it because i love snakes and really would like to care for one. I decided to get one of the snakes at the local petco because the two ones there had been there for a really long time. No one wanted them, so i decided i didnt care what they looked like, i would love them just the same. They were both taken very well care of, the reptile lady actually cares for them and they were both eating well and healthy looking. By amazing coincidence, the smaller one had been bought earlier in the day so both of them were sold in the same day, which is good since they had been there for about 4 months, and were on sale about half that time. It is doing very well and ate this morning a pinky in about two mintues. I let it alone to eat and i thought it has grabbed the pinky, but it had not eaten it until i couldnt find it anywhere. It swallowed it so quick. It is about 24" or a little less long, and it seems very friendly and well tempered.
Fooooooooood!

showing of the colors, er, i mean lack of

Im not squeezing it, im trying to make the inside of my fist nice and warm though

Who goes there?

What sex am I?

Can anyone give me a guess of the sex of the snake by that tail? The tail does not seem very long compared to the rest of the snake. Also, i dont know exactly what to call this snake. Is it albino, snow, anamelistic (sp?)?

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Its a Snow (a combination of Amelanistic and Anerystic). There are variations of snows. Congrats, my snow was my favorite cornsnake until my neighbor killed it.

Count the number of scales on the underside of the tail 130 or less female. 140 or more male. Inbetween 130-140 could be either also if it tapers sharply after the vent its female. Its hard to tell from the angle you have it at but I'd guess male.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
count the scales from the tail to the tip? A snow huh? Sounds cooler than albino ;) hehe. Well, i suppose if its male it might be good since they dont get as large do they?