P.Murinus

necroscope

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've just got a few P.murinus slings.At the moment I'm keeping them in cricket tubs.
The slings are about 25mm so I was wondering if these containers will do.
The red colour form has already started building an arboreal web while the true colour form has built a terrestrial hidey.I also got as C.bechuanicus which has built a terrestrial hidey.
So will it be alright to keep them in cricket tubs until they are a bit bigger,maybe small juve's?
I would appreciate any advice.I seem to get varied opinions on the various care sheets.
Cheers Mike.:)

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm sure it's absolutely fine. How big are the cricket tubs?

necroscope

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They are 6"x2.5"x2.5".The normal plastic boxes that crickets come in.They have good ventilation too and i have sterilized them.:)

BBlack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They'll be fine in there for a while, but they're not very pretty :( They can be pretty hard to stop drying out but for these little guys that's not really a problem.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They're big enough now to go into small critter keepers. I'm sure you can get your hands on those over there. A small critter keeper will be large enough until they grow quite a bit.

Easyout58

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Amanda said:
They're big enough now to go into small critter keepers. I'm sure you can get your hands on those over there. A small critter keeper will be large enough until they grow quite a bit.
I've been keeping my new slings in baseball card holders:

They are about 3"x4". My .75" (19mm) brachy emilia is in the corner chomping a cricket. They are clear and stackable if you put footpads on the bottom and a lot cheaper than critter keepers.