Padded forceps?

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Where can I pick some of these up? A medical supply store or a good place online someone knows of?

How big should I get? Should I get the straight 'tweezers' type ones? I saw in the FAQ some big tweezer type ones...the ones I seem to have found seem alot smaller. :(

Also what do most people use to pad them with? Some kind of foam?

Thanks!

~Fred

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you find out please let me know. I took a pair of 10 inch tweazers and rapped em in string but there not all that effective haha, i coudl use a pair as well.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know Michael Jacobi has all sizes of rubber tipped forceps, but right now he is temporarily out of business, dont know any other places, right now im using 10'' bamboo tweezers they are doing all right for now.

ScorpDude

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I picked some 6in forceps off ebay (they're sold under fishing supplies or summit) for about 2.50quid. Just but some tweezers and pad them out yourself.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
cashewman1 said:
with what material?
Buy a small rubber hose, the one usually used for aquarium pumps or medical supplies. Cut it to size and insert on each tip of your tweezers. It works for me.

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Alakdan said:
Buy a small rubber hose, the one usually used for aquarium pumps or medical supplies. Cut it to size and insert on each tip of your tweezers. It works for me.
Worked for me to.
Another source for forceps would be a medical supply store. They ususally have stuff like rubber coated forceps.
Dave Mc

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I like using shrink rubber tubing. Usually found in Auto stores for electical needs. just place on the tips of your tongs and heat it up to shrink for a nice fit.

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Welcome To The Boards!!!

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!

soft tube insert to the foreceps is better, some tubes that are sold was hard that makes damage to the tail, forecep size differs on what size is your scorp.

Curry

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wrapped some gauze around mine and put a thin piece of shrink tubing around it. Padded tubing :D

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Another material useful for padding forceps is surgical tape. Been using it for years.

RVS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a pair of 12" rubber tipped forceps I bought from Michael Jacobi.
I also have a pair of 10" plastic ones, which I can't remember where I bought. I'll figure it out.