What Aphonopelma is this.

Natco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know the pictures are not the greatest, (as in they are very bad….) but I am really not good at this stuff. :wall: Anyway, I was given this little fellow by a wonderful gentleman I met here in Michigan back in January, who I have regrettably since lost contact with (which is really to bad since he had some other very nice slings I wanted to buy.) At that time he told me it was an Aphonopelma of some kind, but he was not sure which kind it was. I am pretty sure he said he got it in California, but I'm not positive. You guys seem to know everything about this stuff, so any guesses would be greatly appreciated! Once again sorry for the poor image quality. Thanx.

Attachments

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hmmm

I guess its an A. Blurria pictorius
but if its all brown could be hentzi

Natco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes well believe it or not that is pretty good for me!:clap: Maybe some day I will own a digital camera. I laughed my butt off when I read you guys' first (respective) descriptions.{D Any way thanks for the help, I really do appreciate it!

A little more info: It is 2.5 - 3" from back leg to front leg, and it is by and far the most docile spider I have ever owned. I don't think I could get it to rear up or flick hair if I tried, which I do not intend to do! It doesn't eat as much as my other spiders of similar size, and never eats if I am in the room. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks again you guys, and sorry for the crapy photos!:eek:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
color

are the legs brown or black ? ...of course Id from a pic , even a good pic is hard . almost impossible to be accurate . Except with A. seemani and the spinnerettes are a dead giveaway. but the color pattern may help a bit at least maybe we can give you an it could be an A.???

stubby8th

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It looks kind of olive in your pics - if so, I would go with Carlsbad green (very docile sp). She's well fed though!

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hmm intertesting, where can I pic up one of these A. Blurria pictorius :? {D

agentbsmithi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
im guessing california ebony, i dont know the scientific name though.

i only say this because i caught one here in san diego that looks exactly the same. the one i caught was id'd as a california ebony. once again, im GUESSING.

pwilfort

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Do you have a picture of the one you have? I love to see it.

im guessing california ebony, i dont know the scientific name though.

i only say this because i caught one here in san diego that looks exactly the same. the one i caught was id'd as a california ebony. once again, im GUESSING.
__________________{D

Natco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
pwilfort said:
Do you have a picture of the one you have? I love to see

I would also like to see it, maybe it could help me ID this one. Plus I'd bet your pictures are a good better than mine!:)