Aussie T's

Crimsonpanther

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful T's , you took some good pics to show them off as well ! :drool: :clap:
I would love to own some !! Thanks for sharing :clap:

Tropical T's

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Brian S said:
Which species are they?
HI
There are a lot of T's yet to be identified in Australia and the majority in my collection are unidentified but we are working on it.
The first pic is a male possibly Phlogiellus sp.
The second pic is a recent capture and has been tentatively suggested as Selenotholus sp.
The third pic is Selenotypus plumipes
Number four is also unidentified but is tentatively Phlogiellus sp. I have collected many spiders from the one area and have discovered about 3 or 4 species of which Phlogiellus is one and this one follows the discription for that species.
The last pic has been positively identified as (soon to be Phlogius)Selenocosmia pseudocrassipes
Cheers
Brendan

Bedlam

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What is the latin name for a Huntsman? Friend of mine lived in Australia for a year and experienced a spider that hung out at her place for about a month.

Tropical T's

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Bedlam said:
What is the latin name for a Huntsman? Friend of mine lived in Australia for a year and experienced a spider that hung out at her place for about a month.
Hi
There are several different ones so here are some from North Queensland
Heteropoda spp.
Typostola barbata
Holconia immanis
Neosparassus spp.
Cheers
Brendan

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great pictures:) I really like #2, she looks like velvet. Thanks for sharing.

Tropical T's

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A couple more of our T's
Selenotholus sp.

Selenotholus sterlingi

Selenotypus plumipes (male)

Two mature plumipes from different locations, as yet to be seen if it is a colour variation but I have several and all the dark ones are from one area and the light ones from another.

New species yet to be described, shedding

Cheers
Brendan

Junkyard

Arachnopeon
That is a great opportunity for you, being involved with Ts that are not identified yet. Must be a lot of fun!

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The T's Just look so perfect, no crappy bald patches, no scratch marks from burrow, just smooth.
Your a lucky guy

Tegenaria

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Got some nice Ts in australia! I epsecillay like the second one. Is that sand in with it?

Tropical T's

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am always looking for T's where ever I go, drives the girlfriend mad.
I have plenty of new places I want to look that I know people just haven't been to looking for T's but the distances here are large, just to go for a drive up the road can be 4 or more hours. Heres hoping for some more new species over the Christmas break.
The second photo is in sand but for that species it was only for contrast. The arid species do live in sand but I wet it first to settle it and by the time they finish burrowing it sets like concrete.