Immanis please, looks like a G. rosea to me. ;P

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
I knew it.....:8o ....lol.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have few X. immanis and none look like that. I know its impossible to ID a tarantula by a picture though.

Last edited:

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
stonemantis said:
I knew it wasn't the right genus and species. I have few X. immanis and none look like that. I know its impossible to ID a tarantula by a picture though.
Does this picture look like immanis to you?

Last edited:

Zhaoermia118

Arachnopeon
stonemantis said:
I knew it wasn't the right genus and species. I have few X. immanis and none look like that. I know its impossible to ID a tarantula by a picture though.

hmmmmm if u know its impossible to ID a T from a pic, then what are you saying here then? :?

DR zuum

ArachnoAntigen
Old Timer
Looks like immanis bad lighting to me,but its the same sling MRL shows in his photo i know that.:)

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Pay special attention to the abdomen. The only thing that doesn't look immanis-like is the color. However, you can still tell it is in fact - immanis. It is just a little brownish, mine are blue-ish. But you can see in the picture on the back legs are the true colors. It is blue. The problem with this is the bad lighting. If you want to post this, take another picture and kill the lighting a bit.

T.S.

Last edited:

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
MRL said:
You sure about that? :rolleyes:

Does this picture look like immanis to you?

From that view I can see on photograph 3 that you have an X. immanis. The pattern and color of the abdominal hair are almost identical to my other X. immanis that I own.
I could be wrong about the previous post but, it doesn't look like an X. immanis from the camera angle from photographs 1 and 2. Photographs can make IDing species more difficult. I need to correct the first part of the previous post though because I jumped the gun a little bit without knowing 100%.

Last edited:

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Zhaoermia118 said:
hmmmmm if u know its impossible to ID a T from a pic, then what are you saying here then? :?
I apologize for the confusion. I jumped the gun in the first part of the post in question and I have corrected myself. I apologize for the confusion. Congratulations on your new addition.

Last edited:

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
well, hes gone....= (

He went down last night. I think it was shipping shock. But i did replace it with 2 new ones......:D So all is not bleak. Both are showing adult coloration....very do.

Attachments

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
poor munchkin.... bet those two new ones will get extra attention though!

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
Well heres the morgue pics....

I now believe it to be molt complications that caused the death in combination with shipping stress and low humidity.

Attachments

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
mighta been all those cigs he was smoking, heh

In seriousness my condolences on the loss, hope all goes well with the two newer ones.

roberto

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Those pics look just like my immanis sling. Too bad about your loss.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nich said:
I now believe it to be molt complications that caused the death in combination with shipping stress and low humidity.
IME, X.immanis need to have a damp substrate (proper ventilation is a must) in order to thrive. I've lost three slings due to this complication. They are also very nervous and high strung so it could have been stressed as well.

I know every situation has its story and I cannot possibly know the whole story but, all I can share are my experiences with the species.

I mourn for your loss as well :( .

:clap: Congratulations on the new arrivals too.:clap:

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
Right on guys, the general concensous is definatley a high sensitivty to humidity. This time it should go smother.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When I feed mine I put a couple drops of water on the substrate or if the prey is non-living on the prey itself. I always clean up the leftovers after their done to avoid mold, mites, and etc...