H. minax

Peloquin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Can the legs on a minax be blue?
I've kept minax before but never noticed a blue legged one. I dont think it's a lividum and it was bought as a minax.
Is it poss to id it for certain by my crappy pic?

My monitor is naff and pix look dead dark so cant tell if the legs are showing blue. The blue is the top section of leg and it is very well coloured.
Any other ways to do a positive id on the spider?
It isn't as nasty as the other minax I'v had but it's still a bit thin looking.
Cheers folks.

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My monitor has about had it, but I can see the blue on the legs. Never heard of blue on h. minax, but I really don't know for sure.

Fierce Deity

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It looks very much like a lividum. How are you sure? If you got it from a pet store, they were probably wrong.

morda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
To me too :)
I don't think that this is minax, You know in pet stores there is many misslabeld T's. I saw once a guy that was selling adult female of "Brachypelma vagans". The spider that he was selling was adult Avicularia versicolor...

Peloquin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cheers for the answers folks. More or less clears it up as a livudum then.
The place I got it from (York show UK)were also selling H. albastriatus (SPP) as A. seemanni (someone beat me to it as well- not happy about that) so it's morethan poss they are wrong.Well, never had lividum before but I thought the blue on them was all down the legs, not just the top section.
Are there any other ways of telling them?
Gonna get a minax from the BTS show anyway so I'll just compare the two. It doesn't really make a difference what it is, except for when it moults I want to breed it.
Lividum just dig and hide. That's why I've never bothered before. I've got it on about 6-7 inch of substrate and it's done a JCB and buried itself. Is this deep enough or should I add another 3-4 inch of peat?