P. regalis sling

PoPpiLLs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got my 1.5" P. regalis sling about a day ago and it's made a burrow I thought they were arboreal or do they just burrow as slings or is it approaching a molt soon and my 1" P. murinus thinks its a trapdoor spider :D I won't even mention how weird my G. rosea is

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is very normal for pokies to burrow a bit as slings, they will mix soil and web, guess they feel more secure this way...

Regards, Mike

Fierce Deity

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You are right, they are arboreal. As Allen said, they tend to borrow a bit a slings. Nothing to worry about, a few molts and it will be arboreal in no time.

TheNatural

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My pokies love to dig, and they did deep if I give them enought substrate.. they stay on the web but any noise... they run to their burrows.

neilkane

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
pokie

both my ornata and regalis liked to dig and stay close to the ground same as with other ornamentals my friends own. i wouldnt worry at all

Ennoozunu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My P.regalis also has a burrow (its 3"). It comes out most of the time and sits around etc..

Really its only in the burrow if it got spooked, molting, its daytime(altho even in the daytime it comes out periodically to check things out) or is improving the burrow.

Wee Man

Arachnopeon
I have a 1 inch regalis sling that loves to burrow also, he/she webs up the entire substrate and has a little hobbit hole on one side of the enclosure. If he feels any vibration on the webbing he will dart for his burrow.