Aggressive scorps

Acal57

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What are the most aggressive, non-hot scorps. So after Androctacus and leirtus. Red Claw maybe?

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
ill give you a few examples of scorps that are very agressive but not on the dangerously venemous list.

1) hadrurus arizonensis (giant desert hairy) agressiveness-4.5/5, can attain
sizes up to 6.5 inches.

2) heterometerus spinifer (asian forest scorpion) aggressiveness-5/5, can attain sizes of 6-7 inches.

3) o.wahlbergi (tri color scorpion) agressiveness 5/5 , can attain sizes of 5.5 inches.

all of these species are very agressive, especially when disturbed(like most scorps of an agressive nature). these are all commonly available scorps in the trade.

GrungeRock

Arachnopeon
I'd recommend a desert hairy (hadrurus arizonensis), they are great scorpions. If you mean aggressive in the sense that they sting their prey, then yes, in my experiance, hairy scorpions sting prey. Smeringurus maesensis is supposed to be very aggressive, but in the sense that it likes to sting things such as its keeper :} lol, I haven't kept S. maesensis though, so I can't be sure. Anyways yeah, I'd really recomend a desert hairy, they do burrow if you let them, but they are very interesting to watch. By the way, if you do get one, I don't recomend handling it, because while I don't consider them *terribly* aggressive, odds are they have few qualms about stinging people, and while their venom is not considered dangerous, I've heard that it can be rather painfull, plus people sometimes have allergic reactions to venom. I usually used forceps to move mine when i needed to.

-D.G.

Australis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I dun think that a spinifer is all that aggresive...lazy maybe. Mine are aggressive if when they get hungry...other than that, its the two curling up in their rock cave...lazy bums :cool:

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
what temp do you keep your spinifers at? i used to keep mine aroun d 70, then i uped the temp to 85 degrees. before they were a little lazy as you stated, but since i changed the temp, they are very active, and are very agressive with the slightest disturbance. i guess you may run into a few lazy ones though. also ive noticed with spinifers, they are 10 x more agressive before they reach full maturity. another thing to account for.

Australis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm not sure about the tempin the box...guess its about 30C in there. Humidity is 80%. I keep them in the dining room under my PC table :D
So that things dun get too hot. I feed them a lot...i can see the plates splitting apart and revealing more grey soft watever u call that. Isuspect them to be males...but shop guys say otherwise...well according to my pectine id skills says all are "him"

They can hiss quite loud though...my hands are itching to rescue a few more from the shop...but my budget says NO. :cool: Will be dropping by the shop again today and hopefully theres no S.maurus there or I might have to buy it{D

parabuthus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Scorpio maurus is an aggressive scorpion typically. What it lacks in size it makes up for with a nasty disposition as far as scorpions go. That said, scorpions are almost always defensively aggressive. Ofcourse there are exceptions to the rule.

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My old Hardrurus Arizonensis was very aggressive...to say the least...