Any good tarantula shops in RI?

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Are there any good pet stores or tarantula shops in RI? I look in the pestore review forum and only found a negative for Regal Reptiles in Providence.

darkeye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It depends. Regal had quite the selection, and used to get all of my business. There are folks working there that should probably not be involved with inverts, but you know how that goes.

If you are in the neighborhood for a while, that is going to live here, then I would suggest 2 possibilities:
TarantulaWorld.com in Nashua NH
These guys were at this past weekend's New England Reptile Expo and were great! Pat (god I hope that it turns out to not be THAT Pat) was well versed and generally a likable guy. Decent prices on nice bugs, too. They are actually located inside RJ's Exotics on 300 main st, nashua nh

Cold Blooded Pets 176b Main St Acushnet MA
These guys have a nice selection and come recommended from LOTS of folks around these parts. Good guys to talk to as well. Prices seem on Par with others, butI have never actually visited them...

Lost World Pets in Whitinsville, MA
These folks had a decent selection and good prices as well... Haven't seen them in a while, but I say what the heck!!!!

Other than that, some of the local pet stores have hit & miss bugs...

Are ya moving up here or just visiting?

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Unless Scott Crowe is getting back into the game I think the closest guys would be Cold Blooded Pets in Acushnet, MA

<edit: need to learn to type fast, Darkeye beat me to it.>

Last edited:

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks for the info, I'll have to check them out.