My stripe Knee is hiding?

BigWeezy911

Arachnopeon
When i first got my stripe knee, he would just camp out on the dirt and not really move, This happened for about 5 days when i first got him. Now he has been inside his cave for about a week never coming out!?!?. I am a little worried about him but i also dont want to bother him. Is this normal for a strip knee?

Lover of 8 legs

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It certainly is. Same thing happened to my A seemani when I got her. She fed voraciously and was always visible. She had access to a hide but never used it. After about 3 weeks, she dug a burrow behind the hide and has been using that ever since. She has molted once since I got her and now has a regular routine. She comes out of her hide every day at around 4 P.M. and is still out when I go to bed. I'm not sure when she goes back to her burrow. She climbs sometimes but not high & not for long. She eats well & she takes crickets almost from the tweezers.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
a quick bit of basic research in to these species reveals that they live in burrows...

when a T is moved to a new tank or even just rehoused they often take a few days to a few weeks to settle in and find/make a new home...this is what your T did :)

Leiurus87

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
mine often seals its burrow with dirt and i am never ever able to see it except for the burrow up against the glass.

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My 2 seemanis normally hibernate for 7-8 mos. a year. I may have a sighting.....of some legs when it's time for them to come out and eat for a couple of months. They are not the most exciting T's to own....they're not even in the top 50 of the most exciting T's to own....actually, I forget what they look like...

bodar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah sounds about right to me. mine is out for awhile then back in its burrow for a while.:? cant make up its mind

slingshot71

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mine stays out in the open most of the time, but it is not abnormal for one to stay hidden for long periods of time.

Yours sounds normal to me.

Anklebitr

Arachnopeon
Leiurus87 said:
mine often seals its burrow with dirt and i am never ever able to see it except for the burrow up against the glass.
My sling did the same thing in the little hide I gave him.