Totally Doesnt belong here

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was about to post something on what scorp to buy next when my little bro and his dorky friends found a lizard can any help me ID it or send me somewhere where I can

Last edited:

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it's a skink.
should have been posted in the not so spineless wonders section.. might even have someone narrow down what species of skink it in that section

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've been a Tx herp person and know my central and east herps pretty well. Not real familiar with the western stuff but I'm pretty sure that's an Alligator lizard. I've had several of the sp. found here in Texas (Texas Alligator Lizard). A nice lizard with a weak prehensile tail, compared to a chameleon, and get pretty big. I've had some 18 inches long. My Peterson's says up to 20 inches. I think that one is smaller in general. The sp. your bro found.

Last edited:

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just a guess, but it appears to be an Alligator Lizard of some sort.

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Definitely a skink, but I can't do better than that.

wacospiderman

Arachnopeon
hi im in waco tx and i beleive that is a alliator lizard common around here where are you posting from

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello Waco... I think that one is a sp in Cal. I'm guessing maybe the Northern Alligator lizard (E. coerulea). I live in Central Tx. too. Def not the same kind we have here. Did a little more research. Could be Southern Alligator liz..... I just can't tell, but def an Alligator lizard.

Last edited: