desert hairy

pokiecollector

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have a desert hairy scorpion, i know they it dry, it is a good idea to provide a water dish ?

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yep, they will still drink water, avoid a wide shallow one because it will increase humidity, just take a bottle cap, place it in and fill it with water.

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
only allow them a water dish about once every 2-3 weeks. as if you over water them it will make the enclosure a little more humid than they would like. Also, they will aquire all the moisture they need from thier prey, but a little extra every now and then never hurts.

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
worst you can do to your scorp is to let them dehydrate. They die really quick. Trust me, I know because I already lost some species :confused:

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Pokie-

Many desertic scorpion species will accept water when provided. Some desertic species when provided with a moist and dry side within the enclosure will prefer to establish a retreat at the moist end of the enclosure. However, H. arizonensis and H. arizonensis 'pallidus' do not belong to this category of scorpions. Hadrurus arizonensis tend to be hypersensitive to moisture levels in the environment so I'd recommend placing a water bowl or providing a light misting during the cooler night period, every 20-30 days. Also, insure that the enclosure has sufficient airflow to prevent ambient RH levels from becoming too high. Good luck!