Best Androctonus

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im considering picking up an androdctonus, but not sure what kind, Bicolor is looking pretty cool right now but im defintely open for change. So whats yout favorite Androc?

azatrox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Fave Andro is....

australis....I do however have a mauritanacus and she's very active and a pleasure to observe....I have a couple of australis, and I love 'em! As long as one maintains the utmost respect for these creatures and follows strict safety protocols, these scorps are a pleasure to keep! Enjoy and BE SAFE!

-AzAtrox

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm pretty bias to A.mauritanacus and A. bicolor. they are fiesty and feed well.

MEXICOYA415

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Where can you obtain a A. mauritanicus if you guys don't mind me asking. Iv'e always admired how beautiful this species is and would like to get one or two later on when I have more experience and money. Thx in advance.

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A.mauritanacus and A. bicolor cos theyre normally black and look pretty

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Gigus said:
A.mauritanacus and A. bicolor cos theyre normally black and look pretty
You're drawn toward the dark side as well{D? Very cool:cool:

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
In order of preference:

A. mauritanicus
A. bicolor
A. amoreuxi
A. crassicauda
A. australis

Also, in my experience with all 5 species listed above, I think that A. mauritanicus is the "best" of the five species for a first Androctonus. They tend to be the most inoffensive and are not prone to spontaneous defensive reactions; most specimens tending to be moderately to highly passive.
I'd also recommend A. bicolor, which tend to be spontaneously reactive but not overly defensive. Last on the list would be A. amoreuxi, which tend to be the most unpredictable and spontaneously reactive of the group.

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hola Mexicoya,

Currently, no one seems to have a wide selection of Andros except for A. amoreuxi and A. australis. Best advice is to check the invert dealers pricelists every week. I was informed that shipments from Egypt should be hitting our shores soon and that will mean more A. bicolors! LOL

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow ok lots of votes for mauritanicus thatll probly be my choice, Thanks for the info, now i just have to save up the cash which at this rate will take me....
Hm
Income:0
so time probly few weeks?
3 times 0= 0....Damn, ok maybe its bout time i got a new job haha

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I vote for A. bicolor I like the black with orange claws.

azatrox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Interestingly enough....

I found my A. mauritanacus at a local pet shop....It was in a locked enclosure with a big skull & cross bones on the label....I knew what it was, but I found it ironically funny that they would have this animal for sale next to the bearded dragons and ball pythons...

I of course had to sign a release upon the purchase...It basically said that if my brain was to go on vacation and i was to allow the animal to sting me, the pet store assumed no liability...

All in all, I'm VERY happy with her...eats great and is pretty active....My australis on the other hand tend to be skittish and are quick to get defensive at the slightest disturbance....They all eat like champs, and are a pleasure to keep...

As far as faves go, I suppose I'm alone in liking australis the best, but that's ok....I like ALL Andros ALOT and look forward to getting bicolor soon! I'd like to pick up crassicauda too, but can NEVER seem to find them available anywhere....

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Azatrox,

A. crassicauda are almost impossible to find but good luck in your search!

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
a.mauritanacus is my first, then a.bicolor, a.crassicauda maybe// :) like wat luc says.. if i can find one.. :)

azatrox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Luc....

Yeah, tell me about it! I'd love to get my grubby paws on a couple (figuratively of course!) but these bugs are certainly rare in US collections! I won't call off the search party tho! Unitl then, I'll be more than satisified with my mauritanacus, australis and soon to be bicolors!!! {D

-AzAtrox

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A mauritanicus is not only my favorite Andro but my favorite species as well

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Brian,

Hell, I can't get none of my mauri fem's to strike a defensive pose! The best I get these days is a half-hearted lateral tail push or caudal strike! LOL

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi

My favourite and the best is A. bicolor. Its thick tail and elagant thin claws is very very excelent. I love its dark sometimes black colour. My big problem is I can't buy it anywhere:( I wiuld like to buy it in Prague when will be it there.

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Heya Brachy,

Hopefully some of the European members of AB will be able to point ya in the right direction. At the moment, they're pretty scarce here in the US as well. I agree that A. bicolor is a very beautiful scorp. I prefer mauritanicus as specimens tend to have more varied "personalities" whereas bicolors tend to just be high-strung and nervous (not to be erroneously confused with aggressive). Anyway, best of luck with the search!