Super worms

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How do u feed ur scorps super worms? Every time i toss one in they burrow and i dont think the scorps get em, and every time there out and i try and hand feed, the vibrations from me openening the tank spook them and they run back to their burrow on the double.

czarmx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i ussually just put the worm in front of the scorp's burrow and the worms goes right in and they get it.

Curry

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
cashewman1 said:
How do u feed ur scorps super worms? Every time i toss one in they burrow and i dont think the scorps get em, and every time there out and i try and hand feed, the vibrations from me openening the tank spook them and they run back to their burrow on the double.
I don't feed them superworms, but I've heard some put them in a small very shallow dish.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I tie it with a string and then dangle it in front of my scorp.:D

Normski2020uk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Messy things, bleed everywere. To efectivly feed them to scorps you need to drop it right in front of them or place it on/in a shallow container. I clamp them in a pair of tweezers untill the scorp has a good hold then release it.

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i crush their heads so that they cant burrow. not very attractive to scorps ime

bananaman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i crush their head so they dont burrow... and then put them in front of the scorps...

BrentlySnow

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
As long as there in a dish they should be fine, but over time they will move about. But they do turn into beatles, could a scorp eat them ?

John Bokma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I do feed them, but rarely. Some of my scorpions don't like them (don't know how to handle them), but others will eat them, even "catch" them when I drop them close (C. gracilis for example).

My tarantula on the other hand, pulls them out of the substrate (see: http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2006/04/26/ )

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im not a fan either, i only use cuz pet store was out of ccrix. Ill try the dish but im thinking thye will crawl out

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What ive heard to do is put them in a dish and make it ground level with the substrate.

John Bokma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've noticed that they drink from the water dish now and then, so if you notice them after a few days that way, you might want to take them out and try another scorpion.