Most Aggressive T??

neilkane

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
g rosea.

ive had lots o spiders and ive found my g rosea the most because just seems to lunge itself at anything near it is exactly the same with my friends g rosea.s is odd because they were suppose to be docile begginer spider lol

Last edited:

Blasphemy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
King Baboon beats out all others because it's got size as well as the attitude. A lot of Haplopelma have the bad attitudes, but the King Baboon has size over them.

Blasphemy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
But people always mistake aggession for being defensive...so you probably meant which one can defend itself the best. If you want aggression, go find a black mamba and then watch it chase you down :D

chique

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Out of all my T's, it's gotta be my p.Cancerides HANDS DOWN WINNER!!!

There's no retreating with this one when you disturb him, he will lunge at whatever is intruding. A knock on the tank = jumping at the walls, if it wasn't for the sides of the tank I'm sure he would have been attached to me by his fangs numerous times lol.

He's extreamly aggresive with prey also. It's very rare that a poor cricket will even hit the deck before he's got it. he never hides away, he is deffinately king of the burrow!!!

I remember changing his tank when he out grew the last one, only a little thing then around 3", but sure enough it was an ORDEAL!!! I don't giggle at his threat poses anymore, I tremble lol.

Problem is he's just hit the 6" mark and I have to change him again, I can't wait :liar:

T-Harry

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Blasphemy said:
But people always mistake aggession for being defensive...so you probably meant which one can defend itself the best.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. As long as you keep your T's in a cage that meets their natural habitat and needs as close as possible you won't find real aggressiveness. Of course if you keep a Haplopelma spec. in a cage with half an inch of tree bark as substrate it probably reacts quite offensive to every disturbance.
Aggressiveness in my opinion means that the first offensive reaction is initiated by the T. If it's just counteracting on any disturbance from side of the T's keeper it is just a defence mechanism. Of course this defence can be more active, as in biting, kicking hairs or threatening or the defence might just be running away into the hide.
I have to say that even my commonly as more 'aggressive' described species such as P. murinus or H. lividum are happy to retreat into their burrows on every disturbance instead of going on attack. Same is true for my C. crawshayi allthough she's backing up much more indignantly and keeps threatening all the way down her burrow. I figure she just wants to keep face :D
So I'd say the most 'aggressive' T in my collection is A. caniceps, but with her I'm more of the impression that she's just really hungry all the time and on first contact reacts on every thing as if it could possibly be pray. I came to that conclusion since she does not threaten at all before she strikes. For example when I'm watering the plant in her cage she runs towards the water jet and instantly tries to bite it in a way that looks to me much more like a killing strike for pray instead of an defensive action.

OT:
@ chique: like your avatar

Last edited:

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My ornithoctonus aureotibialis is a nasty little mare!.. dribbled venom a few occasions..hehe
2nd is 1 of my Singapore blues.. walked past the tank, and watched as it charged to the front of its web tube and put up a threat stance! haha Excellent!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Linda Landsman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Most aggresive spider

I would have to say, my Pterinochilus murinus, Usumbara baboon, or my Haplopelma Minax . The murinus actually runs toward you :eek: when you open its home to throw in a cricket. My King baboon is always hiding, so I never see it. My Cobalt seems to run, wanting to avoid human contact. The Minax also seems to dive into it's burrow. I would definately say out of mine, the murinus.