moths for T,s

Redip Spider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
moths...

Apparently Ts will eat moths. I tried it once with my G. rosea and I don't think he even found it. I took it out after a day or two. Then again, he wasn't by any means an aggressive feeder. It might work better with an arboreal than terrestrial.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Well, I doubt a terrestrial would eat a moth, (though I've never tried it) I know aboreals eat moths. Some people breed waxworm moths to feed arboreals. Um... what is a house moth? (I'm a scientific name kinda person)

bodar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah man i wanna know to. cuz i want to feed them to my t's to if possible

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
there's a danger of the moths having ingested pesticide or something though

sammyp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've fed wax-worm moths to my T's a couple of times (mine are terrestrial) and stopped them flying away by dipping them in water (water-logs the wings) They did eat them, but IMO they aren't really much use as a meal as they are very small-bodied. For a small T (ie 1-2 inch) they'd make an ok meal. As for catching house-moths, just make sure (as Tarsier said) that they haven't been exposed to pesticides. If you can't be 100% on that, it's a risk to use them.;)

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i started my l. parahybana sling on moths because he would not take anything else. he refused cricket parts and pinheads. he grew to be a monster.

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Silkworm moths would be good, they are fairly plump and if you raised the silkies yourself you'd know they were safe.

finman31

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have fed many arboreals moths..I catch them by the light at my garage.I have done it for years,I know there is a chance of pesticides,but nothing bad has come of it in 7 years of donig it

Cerbera

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
moths for T's

Yep - all my spiders have eaten moths at some point, specially the little ones (spiders). No ill effects at all, that I have noticed, and they seem to enjoy the extra challenge of catching flying things...

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
id agree,my aboreals seem to love the chase of catching moths,espcially my pokies and avics.Ive also fed them wax worm moths too but likes been said they really aint that meaty but still fun to watch get eaten:evil: