Day time feeding or night time feeding?

BigWeezy911

Arachnopeon
Is the a time you are supposed to feed the T, i mean is there a difference if i feed it at 1 in the afternoon compaired to 11 at night?
Or is it better to feed it at night?

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
doesnt really matter whenyou feed i normally leave mine in for 24 hrs just to wonder around, if the spider wants it she'll eat it

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well i have found more success feeding at night, Most of my spiders will take them instantly then. And plus....i like it natural so... I feed at night, which is when most Ts get there food. I think it all really depends on you.

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
BigWeezy911 said:
Is the a time you are supposed to feed the T, i mean is there a difference if i feed it at 1 in the afternoon compaired to 11 at night?
Or is it better to feed it at night?
I don't know if there's a difference but it's not something to worry about. Feed at the time it's most conveniant for you. :D

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I feed my T's in the afternoon just because thats when I'm home to do it, but it doesn't really matter too much. Basically it's what's most convenient for you.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I do it during the day for my slings just so in case one of them bolts i will have more light. The bigger ones i usually feed right after the slings just for convenience, but i would have no problem feeding them at night. I got a night vision monocular with and IR thing that really lights up the dark and its fun to watch them stalk the cricket at night with that thing.

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I haven't had any problems feeding mine at 9 to 10 AM. I can see better in
the daytime anyway, besides my eyesight ain't what it used to be.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't think it really matters much. I would go with what works best for your schedule. For me, it is night feeding.

Puppet Master

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
like others have said it really doesnt matter, but I have found that feeding during the dayis boring, the T is hiding and the cricket just goes into a corner and hides. I like feeding at night cause you can watch the action.;P

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I feed in the day time fort two reasons. One is it takes a while and I have mondays off so it tends to coincide with that. And the second is better light. i tend to take all my photographs while feeding. Its a good way for me to get the T out in the open and occupied so the camera doesn't stress them.

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That really depends on the person. I find several species to become more aggresive the later in the night time that it is when I feed them. So perhaps just a little more caution to some than others. I usually feed mine in the later part of the evening. But that is when I have the time to do it also. I would love to do them in the morning, but this thing called WORK stands in my way. Good luck!

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My spiders dont really care when I feed them. They mainly just rush out to grab what they want before going back to their hideouts.

Midnightcowboy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I do it at night, usually at about midnight or 1am (I am a bit of a night owl:rolleyes: ) I find that the T's are often more willing to accepy prey at night than in the daytime due to them being more active. However, I sometimes feed in the daytime too, on the whole I think it's just down to the keeper's personal preference.

Stewart

TheNatural

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Most Ts are more active at night but they get used to eat during day time.
I have some shy Ts that only come out to play at night.

I prefer feeding them at night.

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
its a matter of convenience for me. usually do it at night after i get home from work.