P. regalis sexing

PoPpiLLs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was wondering if p. regalis can be sexed by the dark stripe on the abdomen seems like all the pics I've seen of females the had a white or ligter color stripe I have a 2" regalis and i was thinking it was a male

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yes for the most part they can, what is the size of the pokie in the picture?

PoPpiLLs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Size

TheDarkFinder said:
yes for the most part they can, what is the size of the pokie in the picture?

TheDarkFinder its 2" It just grabbed a cricket so fast scared the sh%$t out of me Is it me or do Poeci seem unnaturaly fast ? {D

Thanks for the link David Burns

Last edited:

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Too young to tell, sorry. you really can not tell untell they are at least 4-5 inchs.

PoPpiLLs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Finger Crossed

Thanks TheDarkFinder I thought it was a male, Ill just keep my finger crossed for a female I hope my 1.25" P. murinus is a female

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm 99.9% sure this is not a method to use on regalis.

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
MRL said:
I'm 99.9% sure this is not a method to use on regalis.
Actually regalis is the easiest to dorsal sex. The color change happens young and it is very noticable.

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
TheDarkFinder said:
Actually regalis is the easiest to dorsal sex. The color change happens young and it is very noticable.
I have 2 at 3", 1 at 4" and 2 that were 5" molting to 6" and have been to a store with far more (think more than 10 in the 4-5" range) and not for any unless the female is 6" or the male is matured there a noticable difference with the stripe to say one is male the other is female. Maybe it's just me but I'm fairly certain they would be much easier to sex if this was the case and when reading about this from what I understood, P. ornata was the most obvious one. :?

Last edited: