where do babies pass?

emmille

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just want to ask because i'm curious if where do baby scorps pass if the mum is giving birth. is it before the sting? or is there something or a hole beneath? thanks. i think my spinifer is really gravid so just curious...:? :? :?

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
its right about where the pectines are....

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They pass through the Genital Operculum where the male passed his Spermatophore and the female intially absorbs the spermatophore. Once they poass through here they will be yanked out by the mama scorp

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I thought that was where the opening is, but I've never seen it mentioned before. Thanks for asking the question!

Sharon

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Do scorpions breed in a standing stance like tarantulas? Or does the female flip over on her back and breed:?

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
They look pretty normal cept claws gripping each other. Female is basically dragged over top of the spermatophore, then she 'sits' on it.

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The embryos are just stuffed inside the mother, man scorpions can reallllllly swell, there very stretchy creatures haha.

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i saw my maculatus giving birth this morning. the mum's genital opening is about 5mm above the ground, then it begins to move its pectines, a some sort of waving thing or i dont know. then babies pass on the hole head first, they are comonly laid by two's (babies looks like eggs, tail is hold by the legs on the under part of the body, the claws are pointing to the base of the stinger and head is tilted down about 35degrees, they are covered by a thin sheet that looks like plastic, most of the laid babies where in pairs of 2 facing abdomen to abdomen) (bad english).

then the 1st pair of mum legs is used to kick? the babies. maybe it is used to seperate the babies so that they will not stick to each other, i dont know.

after some minutes the babies molt (shed their plastic covering) i think thats why they call it 1st instar.

i saw it because mum gave birth on the plastic container on the spot where their is no substrate.

i didnt able to get some pics bcoz a dont have a cam.

BTW i also saw the jelly thing. it is a somesort of substance that covers the babies, it dries up easily, but mines look like brownish or yellowish.

it rocksssssssss

emmille

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hello

i'm really sorry for the late response..:eek:

thanks for all of your reply.:D

i appreciate it much! :worship:

i have not open the website yet that you have suggested because i was

overwhekmed by your replies...thanks guys!!!! it helps me a lot!!!! {D

emmille

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow

whoah!!! i love the pics..RyanC!!!

you know guys sometimes we also have to think of the simplest things about our pets and we'll just be amazed how we never thought of it...

thanks for sharing...:}