any ideas?

Bryan91901

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I noticed ive started to get this white stuff on the side of my scorpion cage, right down by the substrate... I wish I could take pix but I dont have a digi cam atm (at the moment...heh heh).. I was thinking its mold or mildew.... anyone have any ideas on what it is and how to get rid of it?:?

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
your enclosure has been kept to humid, and started to grow a little fungas, or mold. if you can dig the infected area out then that would be o.k. but the best bet is to change the substrate in your enclosure, depending on how bad it is. i change my tropical spp substrate every few months, i dont like the thought of my scorps living with mold:(

cheers, steve

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
To put it bluntly its scorpion crap, they tend to rub it off on flat surfaces; like the side of cages.

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Scorpion crap is what I was thinking it could be unless it looks sort of fuzzy. I see this in some of my tarantula tanks as well.

Sharon

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i was under the impression that it was alarge white substance on the corner in the substrate, which is usually where fungi will start to grow due to the water collectonig in the corners. if it is smaller white substances, then it is most deffinately scorpion POOP!!

cheers, steve

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
like they said, if its fuzzy, its probably mold. the enclosure either needs more ventilation and/or your substrate is too wet.

more likely, its scorp poop. just wipe it off with a moist rag if it gets too unsightly for you