N. Georgia Petland Warning!!

justinthespider

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone. I want to warn everybody about Petlands in the N. Georgia area. They're inverts and reptiles are in very urgent need of proper care. For they're inverts they use bark for substrate, gel for water, have light on 24/7, some cages are under 2 inches of waters, and are in way too small containers (depth and heigth). They are also missing limbs. They never know any of the questions I ask about the animal(s). They are completey unknowledgeable about they're inverts and reptiles. Also the snakes have nothing to rub to loosen they're skin during molt, very low temp and humidity in some cages, cage is way to small, and the substrate is dirty and inadiquate. Please, do not buy anything from them, unless it is a rescue (which I've done). It would only take a little bit of research on their part to know how to care for these animals. BTW I have talked to them already on the proper care of these animals, but it did not do any good. It is truely a sad, sad sight to see. It breaks my heart everytime I go in there.
Hey, if anybody is in the N. Georgia area, I'd say lets try and put a stop to this, it is totally unacceptable.:(

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm in north Georga - where exactly are you talking about?

And it's best not to "rescue" anything from stores that don't care for their animals. Let them have some deaths - they eventually either try to care for them better or stop selling them.

justinthespider

Arachnopeon
becca81 said:
I'm in north Georga - where exactly are you talking about?

And it's best not to "rescue" anything from stores that don't care for their animals. Let them have some deaths - they eventually either try to care for them better or stop selling them.
In North West Ga. Bartow and Floyd Areas. If you still do not know, its about 60-70 (I think) miles south of Chattanooga. Hope this helps.

Brian F.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not just Georgia

It's not just the Petlands in Georgia that are terrible. I was at one in Naperville, Illinois and distinctly remember seeing an emperor scorpion that had been dead for so long that the crickets had begun to feed on it -- and had much of it already gone. How does someone not notice something like that?

Also, I agree with Becca. I wouldn't "save" any animals from this store because they'll just replace them with other animals that will be treated just as poorly.

Brian