Growth rate

Ryand2

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, can anyone tell me the growth rate of a Acanthroscuria geniculata and Brachypelma smithi? assuming their both one inch, which can i expect to mature faster?

-thanks

Becca

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't really have much experience with A.geniculata but my B.smithi has taken nearly 5 years (in september) to get from 1" to 4.5". I imagine that A.geniculata are faster growing.

Wish_mastera

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Genicc are very fast growers. Mine male grow from 2' to 6.5' in 8 months (3 skins).

tima

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wish_mastera said:
Genicc are very fast growers. Mine male grow from 2' to 6.5' in 8 months (3 skins).
Wow!!! That's got to be some kind of a record!!! 6.5' !!! That could eat a large dog!!!:D
I can tell you that the A. genic. that I've had the longest (abt. 2 months) has moulted twice in that time, growing from 7/8" to 1.75". Its size has increased by 40-45% through each moult.

Cerbera

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep - the genic will grow lots faster than the smithi...

Wish_mastera

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I dont know why, but my genicc grows faster then my blondi. Actually the difference between two of his molts is almost twice:) I wass pretty impressive:D I can take pics later if needed:)

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Wish_mastera said:
I dont know why, but my genicc grows faster then my blondi. Actually the difference between two of his molts is almost twice:) I wass pretty impressive:D I can take pics later if needed:)
Oh, yes can u take a picture of your 6.5' A. geniculata while your at it?;)
I mean, wow, do u keep it in your living room? Does it eat dogs?

Wish_mastera

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ShadowBlade said:
Oh, yes can u take a picture of your 6.5' A. geniculata while your at it?;)
I mean, wow, do u keep it in your living room? Does it eat dogs?
Ok ok the old skin is 6' :8o . But whats wrong? Did I made a mistake with unit of measurement? 6.5' are 16 sentimeters:? :? Is this so big for a male? A friend of mine has 2 enormous females that are 8'+.

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
6.5 inches for a genic is not out of the ordinary, I think the rate of growth is what was being commented on...

Regards, Mike

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wish_mastera said:
Ok ok the old skin is 6' :8o . But whats wrong? Did I made a mistake with unit of measurement? 6.5' are 16 sentimeters:? :? Is this so big for a male? A friend of mine has 2 enormous females that are 8'+.
HEHE

IN america, and our backwards way, 6' is six feet or 1.83 meters=> 8' is eight feet or 2.44 meters. 6" is six inches which is 15.24 centimeters => 8" is eight inches which is 20.32 centimeters. I know it is just a little " compared to '.

Man guys ease up. PS post in meteric if they can not figure it out so what.

thedarkfinder

Wish_mastera

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hehehe I'm sorry {D Here in Europe all is in sentimeters and meters:} Okay, then he is 6" :liar: