B.smithii maturity

kin-inam

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How long would it take a B.smithii to reach maturity? Mine is about 2in long (body only). Is there a maximum feeding time per week? I feed mine 1 adult crick everyday for the past two week. Is that ok? She seems to be doing fine and does not even get plump. How long will it take before she molts again? Thanks for the time.:?

surena

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How long would it take a B.smithi to reach maturity?
That is a hard question to answer, as it can varies based on temp and how much food is provided, and also sex of the Tarantula. I can give you a rough estimate, give or take a few years :) at 2" feeding crickets everyday and at temp 70 or higher, you are looking at about 1.5 to 2.5 years if female.
How long will it take before she molts again?
Again, that depends on temp, food, ect... She may stop eating a few weeks prior to molt so you want to remove all food.

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Generally, I ditto the above answer. But I would strongly recommend against feeding so often. Tarantulas only need to be fed about 1-2 crickets a week. More than that and your T could get too "fat" which poses more risks in the case of a fall and possibly during molting. Feeding so often also speeds up a T's metabolism, meaning they will grow faster but live a shorter lifespan.