good burrower

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im looking for a burrowing species that is not heat/moisture dependent. In otther words, whats a good, hardy burrower?

Ravnos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My California Ebony (Aphonopelma eutylenum) has done well with no supplimental heating requirements, or misting and she had excavated a nifty little burrow until I accidentally demolished half of it. :)

Rav

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Cithirascius crawshayi; the "king baboon tarantula"
They are very hardy, deep burrowers, but you won't see them outside of their burrows much.
The Ceratogyrus sp. are also hardy burrowers, along with most Aphonopelma sp. and you will see them a little more frequently.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My suggestiosn would be C crawshayi, C brachycephalus, and A seemani.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haplopelmas are great burrowers. Hysterocrates gigas is a burrowing machine. My Cyclosternum fasciatum is a pretty bust digger as well. Good luck with your choice.

Atrax

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A good and cheap one would be brachypelma vagans (red rump).

Also not quite sure if you can find anyone that meets all your recuirments...(heat and moisture) A plastic one maybe?

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would suggest C. crawshayi, and any of the Haplopelma species. I see someone suggested a B. vagans, I have one and it has no burrowing tendencies whatsoever. It has been in my care for about 2 years now and seems content on hiding under a coconut shell rather than burrowing. Also, any of the Hysterocrates species

Andy