Feeding my Avic Avic

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pictures and spider :)
What kind of roach is that? Looks a bit big and solid for being accepted by an Avic :)
Is the white stuff the spider is sitting on all its webbing?

diKe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sure that it is an A. avicularia?

I do not think it is a "real" A. avicularia.

Dumaw

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yes the white stuff is her web
and the sp is avicularia avicularia
the roach its the surinamensis I think, its not too big or solid for her

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I realize my question regarding the webbing sounded a bit idiotic; perhaps it should have gone more along these lines : Why does it look like she's made a whole solid balloon fortress out of webbing? Could you perhaps provide us with a more overviewing shot?

And apparently the roach is not too big or solid for her :p It would be for mine, though :)

diKe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Dumaw said:
yes the white stuff is her web
and the sp is avicularia avicularia
the roach its the surinamensis I think, its not too big or solid for her
Who says? I still do not think so :)

Dumaw

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well, I am pretty sure its an avicularia avicularia, here is a picture of her like two moultings ago, or one moulting, cant remember right now

what sp do you think it is?

Last edited:

diKe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think to difference yung Avicularias is still much more difficult as adult ones.

But in my opinion a real Avicularia avicularia has no red hairs on the legs and the carapax and the legs are darker (black) not the blue/green like yours.

Dumaw

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
diKe said:
I think to difference yung Avicularias is still much more difficult as adult ones.

But in my opinion a real Avicularia avicularia has no red hairs on the legs and the carapax and the legs are darker (black) not the blue/green like yours.
they arent all the exac same colour, there is a small variation, look the difference from that black carapax on the last photo to the new one on the first pics, and before it moult again, it will become way darker

Spiderface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i don't know if that is avic avic either but it is very beautiful. if it is then you have a fine representation of the species.

Skypainter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It definitely isn't A. Versicolor. A. Versicolors are unmistakable when seen. They are very purplish pink. I would bet that yours is A. Avicularia.

diKe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Skypainter said:
It definitely isn't A. Versicolor. A. Versicolors are unmistakable when seen. They are very purplish pink. I would bet that yours is A. Avicularia.
Who said it is an Avicularia versicolor... I think identing an Avicularia versicolor should be no problem for anybody.

I still think it is no real Avicularia avicularia because it has some untypical for it. Maybe it is mixed up with another Avicularia sp.