my frogs

Lestat_tnt

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello I just wanted to post some of my frogs. Pyxicephalus adspersus, & albino Pacman.

Last edited:

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thats a pretty pacman :p, i always wanted one but my money dissapeared into spiders

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice

The pacman hasn't decided to taste one of your fingers yet?

And how old is your pixie?

Lestat_tnt

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think in the photo the pixies were about 2months . They are now a little more than a year old. I need to take new pics. The pacman bit the lady at the store I bought it from, she showed me the red ring on her hand from the bite, and I was sold. {D It never bit me yet.. but made me jump a few times. I have been nicked by the pixie and it drew a little blood from those toothlike things in there mouth.

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How big is the pyxie now? Those guys can scare me....

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey, you have a pacman! :D I daydream of getting one, too, to help keep down population on breeding my own crickets. How many does yours eat in a week?

I don't plan to ever do much rodent-feeding, since that has health risks anyway. Is yours full-grown? If not, how many crickets do you think it could eat in a week when it IS full-grown?

Pacman frogs are awesome. {D

Lestat_tnt

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think my pacman is full grown. I never seen how many crickets he could eat at once, probably alot. I dont feed crickets alot not her fav. I also use roaches, worms, mice, rats, and mealworms, and one time an anole.I try for varitey. Even though they can eat alot, and would till they explode, I read that anything used to feed the frog in excess can cause health problems. There can be weeks between feedings depending on what I feed her. Sometimes, I will stuff frog one week then let her go without food for awhile. Or you can feed them just a little bit each week. It makes sence that they would have obesity problems, or fat buildups, sence in the wild they go dormant for long periods. + Even when awake and hungry they dont move much. I think my pixies are almost 5" long and 4" wide.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I love pacmans. i have been wanting one again for a while. the last one I had i kept for almost 9 years. As far as I know thats a pretty long time for them. Anyone with Pacman's try and feed them roaches at all or just mice?

Lestat_tnt

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a colony of blaberus fusca roaches im trying to get to reproduce, but so far unsuccessful (they eject their egg cases, Im trying to disturb them less) The ones I have fed off, my frogs enjoyed a lot. Im trying to go the roachy route, there pretty cool.

Attachments

Last edited:

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanx lestat. I have dubia colonies and was looking for something to do with the mature males. A pacman would do them in just fine :)

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The smallest amphibians will eat micro crickets or flightlesss fruit fllies Keith

Lestat_tnt

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
More pictures. The Baby in my hand in previous post is the one below.

sister of the first pixie I think\

My Packy

The two little pixies I saved from petco. They had 15 little baby pixies together, and they were the same size month after I bought my two. Poor little guys.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I got a frog that looks like a toad but i heard frogs have webbed feet so i call it a frog. I'm not sure of the exact species but its really bloated right now im putting him on a diet. Im sure he's some kind of a burrowing frof he only comes out at night spends his day underground. I'll try to post a pic when my camera starts working.

Lestat_tnt

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Updated Pictures

My little one.
My biggest one. Also the one that was in my cupped hand @ beginning of post.

Fed a steady diet of red runners and blaberus fusca.

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

My little one.
My biggest one. Also the one that was in my cupped hand @ beginning of post.

Fed a steady diet of red runners and blaberus fusca.
nice now that my millie died:( i guess ill try pyxies or pacman frogs my aunt had a pyxie that was huge like a frigging dinner plate

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats awesome!! how long ago was the pic where it was cupped in your hand? mine is growing very fast... and is it a male? if so did you notice croaking early on?

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I see your keeping you pac's on coconut soil stuff is that? would it be ok to use this stuff with ftb's??? Because moss costs a bomb!:rolleyes:

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
when you use a heat mat should it be on the side with the water/dish that the pacman spends his time in