Molt problem Please help!

Linda Landsman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My female GBB molted today, I thought all went well, I looked at her exuvium and noticed that 2 of her booklungs had strange growths covering them. One a hard scab. I noticed that where she was laying there is some hemolymph, I don't know if she's bleeding . What should I do? Here is a pict of the exuvium.

Last edited:

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I don't know what to say, because i can't see her or the skin in person...
On her new skin, can u still see a problem with her booklungs?

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Doesn't look good, pics of the T itself would be good, specially an underside.
Looks like the exuvia hardened a bit and got stuck on the book lungs, ripping out a piece of the new skin (for what reason, who knows, could be an injury/infection)

Linda Landsman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, she's still with me, so I guess that's a good sign. Can't get a pic of her underside, Im afraid to lift her so soon after a molt. I'll wait at least a week. I don't see any more signs of leaking, and she did make it through the night.

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sometimes when this happens even after a molt and if they try to do another molt soon after to try and repair the problem, the problem just does not go away. I am afraid to say this poor thing might not make it. Just from what you said and the pic. I really really hope I am wrong!!!!!! Really I do. I guess I am greatfull I have not had any real problems with any of mine. But I know others who had the same problem and eventually the T eneded up dying..........But I still hope I am wrong to assume this.........