Orb weavers?

Ganoderma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i keep a couple. the best advice i ever took was make al sides un climbable and provide to climbing poles. everyone of mine made 3-d messy webs that couldnt catch anything until i switched to a more suitable cage style. more of common sense i guess, but ya :p

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Space is key

I tried to keep an orb weaver in an aqaurium, but it just constantly tried to escape, and never started it's web. I felt bad and let it loose in a huge palm tree in my living room, it dissapeared for days when I noticed a web at the corner of the blinds. I fed it crickets and it lasted the summer, in the fall, I found it on the floor dead.

Very facinating to watch, but I think best left in the garden. If you can persuade one to set up in a covered porch or similar to keep it safe from predators, it may prove entertaining.

Good Luck

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
I kept a cat faced spider in a big chameleon cage. It made an orb web. I would mist it everyother day.. the web, not the spider, and pop in a cricket every so often. I found some males and got an eggsack from her and everything. I put the sack outside and had lots of wee babies everywhere the next spring :D