And I have a 2. grvid female :)

Here some pictures :

The female with babys :

The enclosure :

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dennis,

Good luck with the "kids" and those yet to come. BTW, nice looking practical set-up.

Take care...Luc

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice!!! These are another great example of a pathenogenic species.

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dennis,

What's the length of the offspring in the above photos? Thanks.

Luc

Dennis1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The babys are 3-4 mm . The mother is 2-3 cm .

The secound gravid female is giving birth !
At the moment I make photos how the scorps gives birth ;)

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dennis,

Best of luck with the second birth. 3-4 mm - damn those are small!
Those photos sound like they're going to be very interesting and informative.

Best...Luc

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Congrats, on your tiny little bundles of joy!!
@ Luc- are you conducting research on the PE sizes of different spp?

cheers, steve

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Steve,

Not really (aside from several years of notes on M. m. martensii, which I hope to publish one day). Since becoming a member of AB, I realized that all of you are an encyclopedic wealth of info so, I keep several notebooks handy in order to compile data presented by the members.
Research papers are fine, however, they rarely present a broad spectrum of info that we as enthusiasts can use in our day-to-day keeping adventures.
However, with all the people on AB that breed their scorpions, there's so much information that cannot be found elsewhere that a person would be a fool not to write it all down or get info when he/she can.
There's always been a problem in the invertebrate keeping community - so many people have so much info but few are taking a few minutes to write it up and submit it socieities such as the ATS, BTS, DeArGe, etc. All of these outstanding organizations willing accept submissions from keepers and breeders and if you think about it - if each of us spend 30 minutes on AB in a day, that's an article!
Most of the info posted will never be published and to be bold, knowledge, not unlike treasure, does anyone any good if it's buried!
Hell, just the knowledge possessed by AB members the likes of Tom (Tityus), Alex (Nazgul), Oliver (Fusion), Eric (Ythier), Nikos (Vardoulas), Chad (redhourglass) and a host of others is incredible - just imagine the wealth of info/data that would be available to enthusiasts if each would publish just 1 article every few months!

Take care...Luc

Dennis1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
update :
both females are dead :( :( :( :( :( :(
I dont know why they died ...
But the babies are still alive ... hmm ...

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dennis,

Sorry for the loss. However, it doesn't happen commonly but various reports of post-partum females dying shortly after parturition do exist. With both females dying, one's almost tempted to suggest matriphagy.

Take care...Luc

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Barkscorpions said:
Hell, just the knowledge possessed by AB members the likes of Tom (Tityus), Alex (Nazgul), Oliver (Fusion), Eric (Ythier), Nikos (Vardoulas), Chad (redhourglass)
Flattery will get you nowhere:D ;)

Dennis1 said:
update :
both females are dead :( :( :( :( :( :(
I dont know why they died ...
But the babies are still alive ... hmm ...
It happens allot, as for humans birth seems to be a dangerous time for female scorpions and is extremely stressful. It could be related to internal damage during giving birth, or a combination of low food intake and the energy required for giving birth. If females do die leave the scorplings with them till they moult to 2nd instar.