emp eating habits

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well i got my emp on sat. here he is:

anyway on that sat i put a large canned cricket right infront of him and he grabed it and almost ate the whole thing, just left a tiny bit. I was wounding when it would probably be hungry to eat again? I tryed puting a live cricket in there today(tuesday) and it went all around him but he didnt take it so im guessing hes not hungry yet after the big meal on sat. Im not worryed about it or anything just woundering how long you think it will go on the first meal before its hugry for another(the live ones i have are a little smalled). It has taken 3 poops that ive noticied since the 1st meal. thanks

-dan

Thiscordia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It will probably eat tomorrow or thursday... Don't worry if your scorpion stops eating for a few days its normal what I usually do its feed about 3 crickets then wait about 4 days to feed him again that's my adult male the female will eat 1 or 2 crickets every 4 days. Try to keep a cricket on the tank all the time just in case he gets hungry.

MEXICOYA415

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Iv'e noticed that when I get a new emp. it seems to need time to get used to his enviornment. When I first get one I notice that they usually only eat about one or two crix a week. After about a month they start to eat more regularly. I now feed them about two to three sometimes four crix every three days or so. That is just from my experience though. It might be different from case to case.

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
when my emp gets his butt out of his hide and goes looking for food, thats when I know he's hungry...