Poll: oldest male

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am sure many of you out there do not keep your males after they are mature, but I have a T. blondi male that is almost 3 years past his maturity date. I have only heard of this once before. Some of you AB members have even seen him. He is still very fat and mobile. Does anyone have a male that has lived past that mark or is "Foppa" the king?

† [sandi] †

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
uuuu that is a long time for a male...cool

i have 2 males...one has matured previous week (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescen) and if the female won't eat it i will keep him...

the other one is B. smithi hi is about 3'' and has not matured jet...

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My oldest in a G. rosea that will have been mature for 4-years in July. He's still active and looks good.

He actually construced a sperm web a few months ago!

After that, I have a P. formosa male that matured 20-months ago.

Eric

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
GoTerps said:
My oldest in a G. rosea that will have been mature for 4-years in July. He's still active and looks good.

He actually construced a sperm web a few months ago!

After that, I have a P. formosa male that matured 20-months ago.

Eric

Oh yeah? Well my T. blondi is bigger thasn your G. rosea! lol:}

Joanie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My brother's one and only T is a male G. rosea that is about 3 1/2 years past his ultimate molt. I don't know if he's still making sperm webs, but I know he still eats.

My personal record is a male L. parahybana who lived 2 years and 9 months past his ultimate molt. He was doing well for the first 2 and a half years and then went downhill very rapidly--his abdomen looked like a big raisin when he died. In retrospect, I maybe should've stashed him in the freezer rather than letting nature take its course.

metzgerzoo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I only have (had) two of my males mature thus far that I've kept....most of my babies turn out to be female...which is cool in some respects.
My MM C. cyan. didn't make it but a few months post ultimate molt before he became breakfast for my female after they mated. My blondi mated 4 times during the first year post ultimate molt and just died last month, so he was just over a year post ultimate.
Generaly my males either get sent off or munched. I have an immature male P. regalis who will be meeting my female once he matures...we'll see how long he hangs in there.