People not shipping to Canada?

mike89

Arachnopeon
Hi, im sorta new on here and i wanted a buncha stuff ppl were selling but they will not send to Canada? May i ask why? isit illegal or do i need a liscense or something to do so???

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you are not yet a member of the canadian forum go to yur user cp, scroll down to group memberships and request to be added.

There are huge amounts of paperwork for both countries required to ship tarantulas between countries. We have several dealers in Canada that offer the same great selection that our american counterparts do.

mike89

Arachnopeon
oic so when i join that isit a whole different site or forum or what? 0_O

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe they can ship to someone really near the border and that person can drive them through the border to the nearest post office and send it. ;)

Whiskeypunk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Snipes said:
Maybe they can ship to someone really near the border and that person can drive them through the border to the nearest post office and send it. ;)
Please don't do this. The last thing our hobby needs is someone getting busted for smuggling spiders across the border. Like sheri has said, there are plenty of canadian dealers who can get in anything that american dealers can.

mike89

Arachnopeon
Hey i signed up for that canadian thing..... but what does it do? i dont get it? lols...... ?

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
It doesn't do anything. It gives you access to the Canadian only forum. There you can find Canadian dealers, or ask questions from other Canadians. That kind of thing. You will find the Canadian forum right above the Tarantula discussion forum.:)

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Official AB response

Snipes said:
This would be considered smuggling and any further suggestions of such will be deleted. The only reason this post has not been deleted was that this acts a reminder that promoting, suggesting or discussing (other than theoretical discussions on the topic) are not allowed.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
whoops, sorry, i though by putting ;) it would show that i was kidding. Like when I suggested that i put some red bull on a barge and send it upstream to Sheri lol.

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Snipes said:
whoops, sorry, i though by putting ;) it would show that i was kidding. Like when I suggested that i put some red bull on a barge and send it upstream to Sheri lol.

And I keep waiting patiently... ;)