Poll: Best arachnid movie

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know this is a tough one as that most of us know how silly they are (case-in-point: a tarantula hanging from the ceiling from a single strand of silk) but I would say "Tarantulas: The Deadly Cargo" is the best I have seen.

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well i love arachnophobia even if it is silly hehe... and no matter how many faults it has in there... only i only was able to point them faults out when i started keeping tarantulas..

and 8 legged freaks is funny.. good ol spiders.. i was rooting for them all along!

JamesP

Arachnopeon
Im going to have to dig out my copies of the very cheesy 'Spiders' and 'Spiders 2' I have on DVD somewhere.

The first features DNA mutated spiders on a space shuttle, and a crew member gets
'impregnated with the venom...something very hungry is about to hatch'.
Classic!

DanHalen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
JamesP said:
Im going to have to dig out my copies of the very cheesy 'Spiders' and 'Spiders 2' I have on DVD somewhere.

The first features DNA mutated spiders on a space shuttle, and a crew member gets
'impregnated with the venom...something very hungry is about to hatch'.
Classic!
I got Spiders from sainsbury's for 99p the other day! Mother in law?! {D But that was an awful, awful movie!

My vote goes for Arachnophobia... even if it is pretty much completely innaccurate on almost every level :)

Edit - I'm a baron!!!! Woot!

reclusa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Don't forget the " Giant Spider Invasion " and good old 1950s fun of " Tarantula". Spiders from space and a very young Clint Eastwood. Such fun:}

RVS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There was one movie I saw on Mystery Science Theatre 3000 that featured a car covered in a painted paper mache with huge dangling legs on the side.
I thought that was pretty funny.

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i like this older movie called turantula.

its about a sicentist that makes some fomula to make any thing grow to gigantic siz.i uses it on a turatula, and it escapes.
so then thears a 200 foot tall turatula.

secular

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
is there a movie that has shatner in it and tarantulas all over the place? i think i remember one like that and i just thought it was so bizarre it was great. anyways...

car1097

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
8 legged freaks hands down...its funny and has great special effects

kin-inam

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yup 8 legged freaks is cool specially when the spiders are chasing the guy on the motorcross track, pity they never caught him.

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The one with Shatner would be "Kingdom of The Spiders"
Man I wish I could find a bittorrent of these movies

Spiderface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
another one for 8 legged freaks. they trapdoor spiders were the best part. while we are talking about spiders on tv i thought i would mention that there is a new saturday morning cartoon called spider riders though i have not seen it yet.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
And yet another vote for 8 Legged Freaks. LOL I loved that movie

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I vote for "Arachnophobia", although I also liked "Tarantula" from the 50's

dymndgyrl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know it's not an arachnid movie, but I thought the Shelob scene in "LOTR The Return of the King" was absolutley fantastic! Really the best spider scene ever produced, gotta love those digital effects . . .

secular

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The one with Shatner would be "Kingdom of The Spiders"
Man I wish I could find a bittorrent of these movies
spiderbyte-

yah, that was it! what a great one, i mean c'mon, it's got shatner in it! lol... :D

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I haven't seen any of them. All of my friends are saying I have to see Arachnophobia and Eight legged freaks. Are they really that good?