OMG!Whats happening to my avic?

Spideyman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey,my avic is becoming brown!Whats happening?And it's slightly thinner,i threw in a mealworm yesterday,but it's still not eating!I remembered the last time i fed it was bout 2 weeks ago,with a superworm.Thanks for the help

Zorack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
dont worry, proberly cumming up to a molt, T's can go without food for a long time

Spideyman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How do you guys remove excess food from your avic's cage?im having a tough time taking it out because my tweezers keep touching the web

car1097

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Spideyman said:
How do you guys remove excess food from your avic's cage?im having a tough time taking it out because my tweezers keep touching the web
if its not ripping the web i dont see a problem
Spideyman said:
Hey,my avic is becoming brown!Whats happening?And it's slightly thinner,i threw in a mealworm yesterday,but it's still not eating!I remembered the last time i fed it was bout 2 weeks ago,with a superworm.Thanks for the help
its probaly in premolt or cant it find the food

Spideyman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it sorta cuts the web a little,and then i'll have a few 'threads' flying around...any idea why's my avic becoming brown?the legs are turning brown

Last edited:

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if its in premoult it will usually dull considerably,i have 1 P.metallica sling that turns almost black in premoult.My little L.klugi is usually a dark grey but as shes in premoult she is now a very light brown,nothing to worry about.She will be bright and shiny wen she comes out her moult.

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What kind of Avic species do you suspect it is? Some of them are brownish. Also, what size is it? As slings, their legs will turn brown to black a couple weeks before a molt, though this is harder to see as they acquire adult coloration.

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If its legs are at the 'clear yellowish' stage, then they will 'brown' as the new exo underneath has more and darker hairs.

Niloticus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Spideyman said:
Sounds like everything should turn out okay. I have had A. Avic's that do not eat for extended periods of time. If it had food 2 weeks ago, try to feed it again in a week or two. Like a few other people mentioned, it is probably close to a molt.

Niloticus