Switching to Locusts?

r8frazer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey guys... went to the exotics shop today to get a bunch of stuff for my custom tank thatll be ready at the end of next week.. and decided to grab a tub of locusts instead of crickets,, dam they look cool! And meaty too ;)

Anyone have experience of feeding locusts to scorps.. particularly heterometrus or emps?

She hasnt touched it yet :rolleyes:

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
umm

smaller grasshoppers to LQ'S and AA they do fine were if you dont mind did you get locust's from???and do they ship!!!

MEXICOYA415

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Damn your lucky. None of the pet shops around here sell anything but crickets or meal worms and wax worms. I hate the smell of crickets. Iv'e thought of roaches but have been afraid of an escape leading to a possible infestation.:eek:

r8frazer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Got them from the local exotics shop so no shipping.. yeh they dont seem to smell and look really cool.. so many crickets get wasted out of every tub I get but theres only like 7 extra large locusts per tub so they should be perfect.. now if only she'd eat the bugger!

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
MEXICOYA415 said:
Damn your lucky. None of the pet shops around here sell anything but crickets or meal worms and wax worms. I hate the smell of crickets. Iv'e thought of roaches but have been afraid of an escape leading to a possible infestation.:eek:
All you have to do is have a tight fitting lid, and if you get a climbing species vasaline around the top.

Also a lot of the feeder roaches are tropical roaches. They need the proper temps and humidity, Dont have to worry about an infestation if a couple get loose.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I dont think they sell locusts in the U.S. because they are invasive and would eat all of our plants, especially with our warm climates in florida,texas, and hawaii.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i sure wish i would buy some somewhere to feed my scorps! Do you have any pics of what you bought by chance?

-dan

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hey
all the hets ive fed locusts dont like them, and they never eat the abdomen, whereas they eat the whole cricket ;)

SOAD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
G. Carnell said:
hey
all the hets ive fed locusts dont like them, and they never eat the abdomen, whereas they eat the whole cricket ;)
george what do you think is the best for over 100 second instar tityus and rhopalurus...crickets or roaches? wich one is easyer to take care of?

sorry for my bad english....

Jonas

r8frazer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
G. Carnell said:
hey
Ya know what George.. I respect your opinion on this site and i wont be buying them again lol! I'll stick to crickets just thought it might make a nice change! :D

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yea theyre good for a change, i didnt say they wernt ;)
but 6 locusts = 30 crickets, (weird exchange rate! :p)

SOAD: try to find some Termites, maybe in old houses made from wood which are abandoned, etc etc

termites are PERFECT ;)
make sure you only feed the workers to scorps though!

SOAD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok thanks for answer... i caught some termites yesterday but i put roaches in the same enclosure and they simple disapeared..:wall: