New Owner, Questions.

Reptachnids

Arachnopeon
I am getting a Stripe kneed T. or Zebra T. whatever you wnat to call it, next monday. Would a 1.5 Gal. tank be good for a sling or juvenile? And also, when I give him/her water, do I need to dechlorinate it?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.:)

kraken

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If the A. Seemani is a sling under 1 or 2 inches than that cage is way to big.It will dry out quicker,and you just dont need a cage that big for a sling.I keep my slings under an inch in deli cups,and then up to 3" in a 10"Lx5"wx5"T sterlite see through box.There is this store called "dollar tree" near me that has some really nice ones for $1 ! Walmart has the same ones for $2.50! But really,how big is the sling/juvie?

Whiskeypunk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Reptachnids said:
I am getting a Stripe kneed T. or Zebra T. whatever you wnat to call it, next monday. Would a 1.5 Gal. tank be good for a sling or juvenile? And also, when I give him/her water, do I need to dechlorinate it?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.:)
Please use scientific names. I think you mean Aphonopelma Seemani, but you could also mean G. Aureostriata, or a couple others. 1.5 gallons may be to <edit>big<edit> for a sling or juvie, but there is a huge size difference between slings and juvies. Are you getting a 1/2 inch sling, or 2.5 inch juvenile. can you give us the approximate size in inches or cm?

Tap water is fine as long as you feel it's safe enough to drink yourself. I give mine tap water, and don't bother filtering anything out.

Last edited:

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The water should be fine. I have city water and never had problem ever with the water and my animals. Also a smaller enclosure is also recommended. Maybe perhaps using a glad ware container. Use a push pin for some ventelation........it would be easier for it to find it's food in a smaller enviroment.

Good luck.......

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Whiskeypunk said:
Please use scientific names. I think you mean Aphonopelma Seemani, but you could also mean G. Aureostriata, or a couple others. 1.5 gallons may be to small for a sling or juvie, but there is a huge size difference between slings and juvies. Are you getting a 1/2 inch sling, or 2.5 inch juvenile. can you give us the approximate size in inches or cm?

Tap water is fine as long as you feel it's safe enough to drink yourself. I give mine tap water, and don't bother filtering anything out.
You need to chill out, Whiskeypunk, you're way too hostile . What's your problem? But as he said-- depends on the size of the sling. General rule is: 2X leg span wide, and 3X leg span long, with 1X legspan height

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Please use scientific names. I think you mean Aphonopelma Seemani, but you could also mean G. Aureostriata, or a couple others. 1.5 gallons may be to small for a sling or juvie, but there is a huge size difference between slings and juvies. Are you getting a 1/2 inch sling, or 2.5 inch juvenile. can you give us the approximate size in inches or cm?

I second that..... simmer down a bit man

1.5 gallons may be to small for a sling or juvie
Not really.....its actually too big if you had actually read.

Whiskeypunk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scorp_Lver said:
I second that..... simmer down a bit man
I've been trying to lately, ever since sheri edited down one of my posts. This is my first time on such a heavily modded forum. I'm too used to the other sites I browse. I have been pretty hostile for a while. But I don't see what was so wrong with my post this time?

Scorp_Lver said:
Not really.....its actually too big if you had actually read.
Thanks for catching that typo, that's what I meant.

Reptachnids

Arachnopeon
Thank you for stopping me from making that mistake. The T. will be 1.5 Inches. I will just get a small gladware container. If that is so big though,what would I need for an adult(6Inches)?

Whiskeypunk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Reptachnids said:
Thank you for stopping me from making that mistake. The T. will be 1.5 Inches. I will just get a small gladware container. If that is so big though,what would I need for an adult(6Inches)?
I keep adult Ts around that size in the largest size kritter keepers I can find. If those are too small then 5 gallon glass tanks. Maybe a 10 gallon, if the T is big enough. Really, you will have to decide for yourself which cage size is right for your T once it reaches adult size.