my scorpian doesnt eat!???

ynot

Arachnopeon
just wanted to know if something is wrong with it? all it does is <poop> near the bulb all day and night. i get it some crikets but it seems not to take them just kinda attacxk and back off.

am i doing something wrong? pls help its my 1st scorpian (rock scorpian)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmmmm...

First of all what's the scientific name of the scorpion? Theres a possibility that it's in premolt, or it may just not be hungry. More details please.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Eh, You own a scorpion and dont even know the scientific name? Theres many possibilities of what it could be... Any idea on locale? Do you know if its adult or not?

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other scorpions with "rock" in their common name. A picture would be able to clear everything up.

Mike

ynot

Arachnopeon
well it looks like the picture in my last post.

the name of it is the "black rock scorpion"

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I looked through all your posts and there's no picture. Maybe you could post one?

And Mike you know how useless common names are.

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah I know how useless they are. Watch it end up being a Lychas Spp...

Mike

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hadogenes.

And if I wasn't lazy, I'd go find out how to spell the species.

Mike

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yep. Defiently Hadogenes spp. In general they dont eat much and since its only 2.5cm its possibly in premolt.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
try messing with the temp. I personally dont know much about these scorps but from experiance mine seem to react differently with the temp.

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Abyss, Hadogenes Spp plain out don't eat much. I head of a guy in Germany that has a male and feeds him 3 large circkets a YEAR. Generally, you don't have to worry much about Hadogenes Spp. and not eating.

Mike

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
WOW, thats gotta save you money on crix huh. Well I learned sumthin new today. Do I guess these would make good starter scorps right?

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They make decent starters, Mild venom, pretty docile. But a new keeper would most likely get worried about it not eating much as ynot did here.

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
enough about the anti-common name mumbo jumbo, yes we should be using scientific names but some people dont care about em' and are asking us to help em' out with their scorpions...so we must try the best we can with the names they give us, unless ofcourse they have a picture or something, then we would automatically recognize it...its just really starting to bug me how people focus on that rather than helping people out...when he said "rock" scorpion, I assumed flat rock/hadodenes...his picture confirmed it, there ya go...

sorry for ranting, just had to get this off my chest...

Last edited:

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
... Atleast if people are gonna use common names try not to make it so general such as gold scorpion, texas scorpion, rock scorpion, etc. It's always best to learn scientific names as people will know exactly what scorpion you are talking about.