Another feeding question G.Rosea

Woof

Arachnopeon
Another question from a newbee.
I've had a G. Rosea now for 2 days. It seems to be settling in well. I have it in a 5 gallon tank on peat with water and a clay pot hide. She (I think) is about 2 1/2" from chelicera to spinnnerets. I gave her her first cricket about two hours ago. They seem to have made friends. She's let it hop across her back and even moved out of it's way.
I know G Rosea's can go a while without eating. How long do I leave the cricket in with her? Try again in a few days with a fresh cricket or wait longer?
Thank you an advance for you patience.
Marie

bananaman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Any prey item not eaten after 24 hours should be removed... try again 3-5 days later :)

Woof

Arachnopeon
Thank you for the info.
The cricket's all gone this morning:clap: !
So she ate her first meal for me! Yea!
Now I go bolus hunting.
Thanks again.
Marie

BigHairy8's

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey Woof. Congrats on your new T. Like banana said, take the prey items out if it does not eat after 24 hours or so. You said you just bought it recently. Pet stores sometimes "power" feed their T's. You might see three or four crickets in their enclosures at any given time. Some T's will eat like horses for a while and then fast for a month or so. Try again in a few days. Don't get upset if it doesn't eat within a couple weeks. Just make sure it has plenty of water at all times. Enjoy your new rosie.