Yes, Another Molting Question...

Arashi

Arachnopeon
Hi guys! My A. semani decided to molt on this fine 4th of July. I'm not sure if this is her first molt, but it sure is mine...I was a little shocked to find her on her back when I woke up this morning, hehe. The molt went well...she's already up and moving around and no loss of limbs or anything. Was awesome to watch. :D

Anyways, here's my question. I didn't take the shed exoskeleton out right away, since she was drying and was laying right next to it, and I didn't want to disturb her. So I walked away for like a hour, and now she's got the skin underneath her...she's sitting directly on top of it. Just what exactly IS she doing with it?

Camberwell

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi arashi,

she's probably eating it, or sucking the goodness out of it basicaly, its quite common for a T to do this, it would be far to easy to sex them if they didn't, lol :D

Camberwell

Arashi

Arachnopeon
Ok, I THOUGHT that might be what she was doing...she's quite the ravenous eater and more than a little aggressive when she's her normal self, hehe. I just wasn't sure if it was safe for them to do that...all the molting websites I checked tended to stop giving info after telling me not to disturb or feed them until they harden up.

Thanks very much for putting my fears to rest, Camberwell! :D