which androctonus should i get

Snakeman4life

Hulk Smash
Old Timer
Hey guys haven't posted on this site a whole lot but was wondering what species of androctonus i should get from tarantuals canada

they currently have available

(2) A. australis- $ 55 each.
(2) A. crassicauda(yes the real deal)- $ 90 each
(2) A. Bicolor-$ 90 each
(2) A. Amoreuxi-$ 40 each

* canadian dollars

i have kept australis and amoreuxi in the past but have always wanted a bicolor which are actually pretty hard to find in regards to canadian dealers. Crassicauda is not seen very often either although they seem a bit pricey. i have been told i can get one of each for $ 275 but can't afford it right now. what do you guys think.

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it has to be the bicolor, come on deff the coolest closely followed by the crassicauda, (lol both the expensive ones)

Snakeman4life

Hulk Smash
Old Timer
yeah i think i'm gonna get the bicolor..... who thinks i should pick up the crassicauda as well because its rare.

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Snakeman,

Depends on what you're looking for? Behaviorally, there really isn't much difference between A. bicolor and A. crassicauda except that A. bicolor tends to be just a bit more high-strung and spontaneously reactive.
However, A. crassicauda also have many unique factors dissimilar to A. bicolor. Also, A. crassicauda tend to be larger and more robust than A. bicolor and are a very rare and beautiful scorpion!
A. bicolor is commonly exported from N. Africa while, most A. crassicauda are erroneously included in such shipments and mistakenly sold as A. bicolor.
Personally, I'd go for the gold and get the A. crassicauda. I have specimens from Egypt, several regions of the Middle East and have 10 sub-adults and adults coming in from Asia, to get decent numbers for breeding stock.
They are a perfect compromise in behavior between A. bicolor (high-strung, erratic and nervous) and A. mauritanicus (lazy and lethargic), and it could be quite a bit of time until A. crassicauda are available again!

Luc

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Those $90 prices is a slap in the face. I wouldn't even buy those without attempting to breed them because soon as you buy 1 for $90 and it dies within 3-4 months. There goes your money. But then again, Tarantulacanada is probably the only canadian online dealer that has a large selection of scorpions :confused:

If you decide to get A.crassicauda or A.bicolor. Get a breeding pair.

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I dont get anything from dealers. I get all my scorpions from individuals. Much better selection, and you dont have to pay the laughable prices you listed. You can trade and buy from people around the world at probably 1/5 the price.

swankerme

Arachnopeon
$90 for a bug...

Just imagine...a man in Egypt decided one day "Hey, I'm gonna start selling these little pests that kill us and make alot of money off it!". Damn that man, he was a genius...

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I think you guys failed to notice the *canadian dollars* thing...but anyway, I'd go with crassicauda...

MEXICOYA415

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
JSN said:
I think you guys failed to notice the *canadian dollars* thing...but anyway, I'd go with crassicauda...
Still seems expensive as hell anyway you look at it.
Exchange rate as of today is : 1 USD = CDN 1.35

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
JSN said:
U.S dollar is only up by 50 cents (not even 50 cents, more like 30 cents). $90 canadian is about $80 u.s. So it's $80 u.s for 1 A.bicolor.

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
wow, yeah, still a pretty harsh price indeed...

Scarp172

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'll cast another vote for the Bicolor. I love mine and personally think they look better, more impressive at least, than the crassi's. :) Good luck with whichever you choose- hope you enjoy them!

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hmm...

As suggested, at those prices definitely acquire a breeding pair of one of the two species!
I'll have to agree with "Sick" on this one - better to deal with individuals than dealers.

Luc

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sorry

man those prices suck....a. bicolor's breeding pair 60 bucks for both...a.a. 35 bucks for a female.....now i know why i dont live in canada..ow wait i wouldnt mind living in BC though!!!puff puff pass...lol

Snakeman4life

Hulk Smash
Old Timer
thanks guys, not sure if they have males and females but i'll ask. I think i've decided on the bicolor but chances i'll probably pick up the others in the next month or so...lol

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pectine count, im not sure which members in the species have a claw notch.
The Scorps with the larger pectines, normally easily visible from the sides are males, the smaller are female, i dont know what the pectine count in this species is.