Some more new arrivals!

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
These arrived today:

4.4.4 C. vittatus (mesic morph), with a few photos of a very hastily thrown together habitat!

Enjoy...Luc

Last edited:

Thiscordia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ni scorps Luc. :drool: I wish i had more... I only have 1 so far :( here's the pic.

<-Click To Enlarge

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Those are very common around here. In fact they often make their way in peoples homes.

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Heya Brian,

Enjoying Tejas? Man, wish I could trade places with you. Here, it's wet and gloomy; humid and nasty!

Yeah, forgot all about these coming in and had to throw a habitat together rather quickly so I just grabbed up a few desert rocks, a cast resin cave and 2" of substrate (topsoil) and tossed it all in a 5.5 gallon enclosure. They aren't complainin' so I guess they'll be fine until I get time to fix 'em up something more appropriate.

All my best...Luc

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice pickup Luc! I have a bunch of these guys, Boy do they love to breed!!:eek:

cheers
steve

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I keep reading 'bout all ya Texans being unable to find scorps down in Texas - I may have to switch my plans in the spring and instead of spending a few weeks in Texas, bypass Texas and head down to southern California or Nevada!

Luc

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
wow i like the set up! good work. :clap: you should get like 8-9 more and make a nice breeding colony.

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Guy,

Not the C. vits. Back in the day, I had 100's of C. vits and C. sculpturatus and have no want nor desire to get that going again! I had so many young that I just allowed them to cannibalize each other until I had only a few big fat specimens.
However, I am putting together a group of 10 Lychas mucronatus, which I find to be more interesting than any of the other "bark scorpion" types. Actually, all of Lychas are interesting little beasts.

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Luc,
I had agroup of Mucronatus a while back. Mostly they seemed to be very much content clinging to their bark all the time. Thy didnt seem to have much personality. I only had 3 though so im sure 10 would have to promise alot more activity.

cheers