lighting?

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have a question, this isnt just for my t but for my millies and scorps too.
how important is light for them?? do thay realy need 10-12 hours of light daly or is 3or 5 ok??

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This has been debated here alot! Some people keep their T's in closets, with no natural light at all. I happen to believe that it's better for them to get some natural light so that they have a clue as to time of day and year, etc. since they are kept in such unnatural conditions.

angelarachnid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Avics, Taps, Psalmos all seem to breed better if the are in a glass door cabinet heated only by lights on 12 on 12 off

Terrestrials dont really seem to need them they are nocturnal

Ray

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
imo and as i've learned from many places they do need the correct light cycles for many reasons. so it is good to keep them in a room where they get some sort of indirect lighting from the outside. the window in the room that i keep mine in has blinds and curtains but it still lights up the room. some species need to know the light cycle for mating, and there are countless other reasons. lots of people have sucess without natural lighting cycles though. so if you can provide the natural light that would be best, if you can't, it probably won't matter much.